2012 Predictions

OK, it’s almost time for pitchers and catchers to report.  I’ll make some predictions for the 2012 season.  This is from the gut, not from any empirical evidence:

• Fed-Ex will be the Dodgers starting catcher before the season is over.
  • Javy Guerra will be supplanted by Kenley Jansen as the Dodgers closer (in fact, I can see a big regression with Guerra…  and I hope I am wrong).
  • Juan Uribe will be waived because his weight is higher than his batting average.
  • James Loney will finally put it together:  20+ HR and a .300 BA.
  • Andre Ethier will have a good (not great) season – something like 28 HR/.285 BA
  • Matt Kemp will keep on keeping on.
  • Chad Billingsley and Clayton Kershaw will be one of the best 1-2 duos in the majors.
  • Capuano and Harang will BOTH win more games than Kuroda.
  • Ted Lilly will be ineffective and will be waived.

OK,  I’ll stop there.  Have at it!

13 Responses to “2012 Predictions”

1. joe says:

One of your predictions should be Ned gets fired. Logan White takes over for Ned. Logan White then trades Andre Either to the Yankees for Catching prospect Gary Sanchez/and will say Dante Bichette jr. The dodgers position prospects are weak and this is a way of improving this part of the dodger system. Alfredo Silverio can take over RF. I believed the dodgers will be competitive thanks to weak NL west. My bold prediction for the dodgers are if they are in the playoff hunt and to improve the weak hitting infield they trade for Paul Konerko (if he doesn’t have a no trade) and David Wright will be a dodger.

Joe,

I like the way you think.

I\’m all in.

3. Bball says:

I’m not disagreeing with the ethier thing but he’s still pretty young and I don’t see anybody better I like him and I think he will grow up and be happy he’s playing in the big leagues and for the dodgers. Face it no one is better then him in right he’s just needs to appreciate more

4. Xeifrank says:

All reasonable predictions except for the Ted Lilly waiving.

• Mark_Timmons says:

Xeifrank,

I\’m no so sure that I agree with all of my predictions, but if Lilly were to suddenly start rolling it up there at 43 MPH a new front office might cut bait -same as Uribe.

Hey, are you a computer? Did you used to go by the name \”Hal?\”

;)

• DRomo says:

Re; Lilly,

I predict several lucky fans in the left field pavilion will receive actual game balls from Ted Lilly via the oppositions bat every 5 days. Its Ted’s way of giving back!

I predict that you will hire Sir Jon to write for you.

6. colobue says:

IMHO…Lilly will have better season than Capuano…Capuano will be waved before end of season..
    Eovalid..RDLR etc will take up slot..

Will James Loney hit more HRs than Ted Lilly seves up?
    Lilly is owed 11.667 and 13.167 the next two seasons.
    Shea Stadium would be an ideal place for Home Run Derby to toss.

8. AnewBlueDay says:

We need to shake things up in Dodger land.

How about a trade with Oakland:

Harang, Lilly, Treanor, Kennedy, Rivera for — Manny.

Why: Manny would put more people in the seats than LTKR do together.

Then the Dodgers have a great pinch hitter, 1 AB for every game. So he hits 112 times (have to factor in those 50 games). I project (like Mark) 12 HRs, 37 RBIs, 32 walks, hitting .375 (30 for 80) . . . or something like that.

Almost all of his pinch hitting will come with runner/s on base, ready to score.

And the place will be rocking.

9. AnewBlueDay says:

Oh, I forgot, getting rid of Harang, Lilly, Treanor, Kennedy, Rivera — will free up some space for some great Dodger youngsters to get some playing time.

See, we win . . .

10. Mike Dixon says:

I predict Dodgers will finish in last place…team is basically the same as last year….but at least we will have a new owner, and will spend big next off season…..this year will be awash so let’s play the kids and see what we have…..