A source gave me the following information about who bid what for the Dodgers on a condition of anonymity:
- Mark Cuban: $1.25 Billion
- Magic Johnson/Stan Kasten: $950,000 in small unmarked bills, non-sequentially numbered
- Steven Cohen/Arn Tellem: $2 Billion in Cash
- Joe Torre/Rick Caruso: $1.12 Billion in Yankee Autographs
- Ron Burkle: $1 Billion
- Stanley Gold/Disney family: $1.3 Billion and a lifetime pass to any Disney location
- Peter O’Malley: $500 Million (“it’ more than I got”)
- Tom Barrack: $1.15 Billion in VISA Cards
- Steve Garvey/Orel Hershiser/Time Warner Cable – $1.6 Billion
- Tony Ressler: $1.19 Billion
- Dennis Gilbert: $1.2 Billion with an IOU from Bug Selig
- Alan Casden: $1.45 Billion
- Tom Golisano: $980 Million
- Fox & Fred Claire: $1.75 Billion
- Joshua Macciello – $2.5 Million in a postdated I.O.U.
There you have it: Joshua Macciello will soon own the Dodgers, I guess.
All of the above is absolutely true, except for the stuff that isn’t… which is virturally all of it!