I Was Too Stupid To See it

… but Prince Fielder to the Tigers makes perfect sense.

They lost V-Mart for the season and Cecil Fielder was an icon in the Motor City, so this makes perfect sense.

I suppose 9 years at $214 mil is not bad for an AL club who can use the DH, but just like Albert Pujols went to an AL team, that kind of a deal for the Prince would HAVE to come from a team who can utilize him as a DH.

If Cabrera and Fielder hit back-to-back, they will be so slow that if either one was on third base, they would score on a double… 2 innings later!

Not to worry.  If the new Dodger owner has money, he can buy a bat at the trade deadline.

Shoot… Manny is still out there.

14 Responses to “I Was Too Stupid To See it”

1. Bball says:

Mi feel like someone has died. I had so much hope he would be a dodgers I guess it’s just another mediocre season

2. Leroy says:

I really wanted Prince simply because the 2013 FA class is so abysmal. There literally isn’t a single impact player out there. The best, maybe Brandon Phillips – But saying he is an impact player would be a stretch.

They won’t, but the Pujols and Fielder contract should rise a brow for Selig. Is it not fair that the AL has the advantage of shifting over an aging player to DH? Because of that option, they have to feel more secure to give out more years and dollars to players. I don’t want to get started on how girly the DH is in itself, but these two contracts stand out to me because of it.

3. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

VERY VERY VERY SAD I WANTED HIS FATASS IN L.A EVEN IF WE GAVE TO MUCH I REALLY THINK IF THE DODGERS WOULD OF GOT HIM THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE WORLD SERIES THIS OR NEXT YEAR!

4. Gonzo says:

Not getting Prince doesn’t suck in my eyes. I’d much rather have LA be in play for someone like Votto. He will become available the Reds can’t afford to pay all those players.

5. RogerCraig says:

I have a feeling this could be a blessing. Prince Fielder is an AL type player. There are others who will be available next season and the Dodgers have a surplus of young arms. I agree with Mark about the Trade Deadline.

6. Depressed says:

I was hoping for Prince just the the rest of you. I can’t believe I was stupid enough to actually think he would want to come to the Dodgers!!
    Apparently he and Kemp aren’t that good of friends!! This season is going to be painful to watch.
    Matt, better get used to hearing “Ball 4 take your base”.

7. Wakemeupin2013 says:

Awful. This season is going to be awful.

8. Bball says:

Mark what do u mean if , he better have a lot of money or don’t even bother. I’m so tired of these crappy years it’s makes me so mad just thinking about a losing season. This is the dodgers for Christ sake

• Jae says:

The last owner didn’t have much money.

What makes you think that after he pays Frank $1.5 Billion or more the new owner will have any money?

9. dogleg says:

i think Loney will hit 20hr this year that will be half of what
    Fielder will hit for a third of the cost, the spot we need to fill is at third.
    David Wright from the Mets is our best move,if not him the Rangers
    have two minor leaguers blocked by Beltre that are ready.

10. SpokaneBob says:

Although I was hoping to add his bat to our line up Prince does have some negitive aspects like his speed and defense. But it is what it is. I agree with Mark about the deadline and I am optimistic about this season and the coming years.

I’m disappointed that we didn’t get Prince however we can try again with new ownership in 2013. Joey Votto might be on the market and that might even be a better (fit) in LA since there’s no DH in the National league. Who know’s, if Loney has a good year we may be in the market for other positions. I am always optimistic at the start of each new season about all our players having a good year at the same time. That’s the reason why I love this game so much. All we have to do is remember the 1988 squad and that should give us all some kind of hope. It always puts a smile on my face. Go Blue………………………

On another good note, James Loney just moved up two spots on the AllStar Ballot for the NL.