We got the news last night that the Dodgers had signed Josh Bard – not true it turns out. But it does turn out that they are “talking” to him. I presume it more than about the weather, which begs the question “WHY”?
I’ll tell you why. It’s because Ned is a “shopaholic.” There is no other possible reason. It’s like sending a seven year-old boy to the candy store with three dollars – he’ll likely spend it all, and that’s what Ned is doing.
I mean, he signed Matt Treanor who is a “mirror image” of Bard, but there was a redeeming reason behind that: Treanor is married to Misty May, so I can abide that. Josh Bard is worthless piece of crap. You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth… oh – I’d better not go there or the trolls will get me. Funny that they resort to being as vile as they accuse me of being. Just because you don’t get a joke doesn’t mean it’s not funny and just because it’s not funny to you doesn’t mean it’s not a joke. I’m done with the trolls because if they don’t get it by now, they ever won’t get it.
Back to baseball:
- Ned has decided not to sign Albert Pujols, but he will sign 5 journeymen first-basemen for $4 million each. Makes sense to me.
- I don’t have a problem with most of his off-season signings: Ellis, Harang, Capuano, Harriston, Rivera – People complain about it, but Ned jumped in and filled some needs. Did he overpay? Maybe… maybe not! He could have been priced out later, so he moved within the constraints he was given.
- Now we hear that Ned is interested in Chase Headley. That might be a good move, but trading within the division is risky and who will he have top give up? Could he pay hal;f of Uribe’s salary and get someone to take him in a “package” deal? I think Headley would be a good 3B – his defense is mostly excellent and he should hit better in Dodger Stadium than in the wasteland that is Petco. Just don’t give up Webster…
- Boy, the Florida, er’ Miami Marlins seem to win a World Series every decade. They are gunning for it, but I can see that impolding very quickly with Ozzie at the helm.
- John Sickels has his Top 20 Dodger Prospect List out. It’s a good read.
- Goodbye Jamie Hoffman… for the second time. We hardly knew ya’!