OK, Let me Spell This Out For You!

Frank McCourt is petitioning the Court to change his name to Winston Churchill, so that he can sell the Dodgers to himself (Winston Churchill) and circumvent MLB’s agreement.

“Never, Never, Never Quit!” is Frank’s mantra.

OK – I am kidding.  I am telling you right now that this is a joke, not for real, like the morons in the LFP believe.  This is fake, false, not real.  THIS IS A JOKE – get it or not!  Geeeze, LFP- get a life… and a brain while you are out shopping!

Forget that!  Let’s connect the dots:

1. Frank McCourt wants to auction the Dodger’s TV rights which the Bankruptcy Court has approved, and FOX is appealing (and I predict FOX will lose);
  2. You have heard little out of Prince Fielder’s camp (except smokescreens);
  3. Ned says the Dodgers are done signing players (another smokescreen); and
  4. Scott Borass is in no hurry – never has been.

Here’s what is really happening behind the scenes:

Ned and Scott Borassss have already negotiated a 10-year/ $276 million dollar deal (Biggest Ever) for Prince Fielder, who wants to come to LA.  Frank knows that Bud could pull a David Stern and stop the deal as not being in the best interests of the Dodgers, UNLESS Frank can demonstrate that the future revenue stream is more than sufficient to pay for the Prince of LA! Then Bud has effectively been emasculated.

As soon as that issue is adjudicated or resolved, the Dodgers will sign Prince Fielder.  Bet on it!

… and you will get your new owner…  Probably!

16 Responses to “OK, Let me Spell This Out For You!”

1. Marco says:

From Forbes, it appears the Dodgers LOST over $20 million last year, mostly due to a drop in attendance. My assumption is, the Dodgers will more than likely lose the same amount this year with the current roster, even if there’s a change in ownership.

If you think about it, Prince Fielder’s salary could be paid by just the increase in attendance alone. And knowing that the Dodgers lost so much last year, why would a prospective buyer want to purchase the Dodgers with the roster it currently has? I’m sure adding Prince would make the Dodgers that much more marketable to buyers and for Frank in the sell process. The Dodgers need to sign Prince already!

2. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

IS THIS TRUE DODGERS GOT AN OFFER ON THE TABLE FOR PRINCE OR JUST SPECULATION?

3. DodgerDude says:

I think it is speculation with a basis in truth.

Marco — you echoed and said what I have been saying for over a month now.

Increased attendance brings in big bucks. I figure 18,000 more fans per game is about 1 million dollars of income. And the Dodgers were somewhere about 18,000 fewer or more fans almost every game for a lot of the season.

I THINK — Boras has met with most of the possible new ownership groups wanting to purchase the Dodgers — to see if they would support signing Fielder now for the Dodgers (or at least before he signs with another team). If the answer is yes, then there is a possible chance that it could happen.

Yes, that is a lot of salary, but a new ownership group would want to do something like that to move the Dodgers forward and up.

5. KEVIN says:

Not happening.

6. KEVIN says:

Plus there is NO WAY IN HELL anyone is giving Prince Fielder 10 years.

7. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

I THINK AN 8 YR DEAL WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE DODGERS BUT NOT FOR MORE OR NOWHERE NEAR ‘ALBERT’ MONEY I SAY $200 MILL FOR 8YRS IS IT POSSIBLE?

there is no way he should get more than matt kemp. and i dont think any other team will give him 8/160 either.

I do think 6/120, or 7/140 will be likely. but he cannot get, nor does he deserve, more than kemp

9. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

I AGREE BUT I KNOW HE WONT SIGN FOR THAT MUCH BECAUSE HE’S TRYING TO COMPETE WITH ALBERT P & KEMP IS WORTH MORE BUT HE GAVE US A HOMETOWN DISCOUNT….HE EVEN GOT SOME MONEY BACK LOADED….I KNOW I WILL BE AS HPPY AS EVER TO GET PRINCE IN L.A BIG OR NOT LOOK AT HIS NUMBERS THEY ARE PRETTY GOOD AND HE AINT THAT BAD ON DEFENSE EITHER LIKE THEY MAKE HIM OUT TO BE HE IS A GOOD PLAYER & HAPPY PLAYERS PLAY EVEN BETTER L.A WOULD BE A POWER HOUSE ONCE AGAIN.

10. KEVIN says:

Actually he should get more than Kemp. They are the same age but Prince has had 5 straight seasons with 30+ HR’s.

Let’s be honest Kemp has had one great year, Prince has had many, and you can pretty much pencil him in for a .280+ BA, 30+ HR’s and 100+ RBI’s EVERY YEAR!!

Prince WILL get more than Kemp. A lot more.

12. JOSEPH OLIVAS says:

I AGREE HE SOULD GET MORE ALOT MORE

Get more ??? Money, HRs, years . . .

14. DodgerDude says: