I haven’t always agreed with Ned Colletti.
OK, that’s a lie. I have called him a moron on numerous occasions, and I frequently disagree with him… which has been a theme.
However now, in this offseason, I find myself agreeing with him on who he has acquired, namely:
- Mark Ellis
- Jerry Hariston, Jr.
- Chris Capuano
- Wil Ledezma
- Matt Treanor
- Juan Rivera
- Adam Kennedy
- Aaron Harang (probably)
- Andre Ethier – He’s a near superstar in talent, but have to clean the crap out of his head.
- James Loney – Not a superstar, but a dang good player… potentially! Bad for a year and then really, really good the last half of the season.
- Juan Uribe – Never showed up last year. Just needs to be Juan Uribe. Nobody else.
- Chad Billingsley – It’s time! Chad has filthy stuff, but seems to implode for just one inning. 80% of it is 90% mental. Get it together, Chad!
- Ronald Belisario – Just getting a Visa would be a major accomplishment. His stuff is nasty. He’s a really nice piece in the pen.
- Mark Ellis can be a Major League Average 2B.
- Chris Capuano and Aaron Harang can be solid pieces to the rotation. Like number 4 and 5.
- Adam Kennedy, Jerry Harriston and Juan Rivera can be great role-players
- Wil Ledezma? Who knows? But, he’s worth a chance.