Signing Matt Treanor is not news because it would be a shame if he actually took a roster spot from either A.J. or Fed-X.
It’s such a non-factor that I won’t address it anymore.
He’s the Dioner Navarro of 2012 – that’s the best I can say. A million dollars? OK? Well, he does have one re-deeming thing – he is married to Misty May.
There could be a trade or two, but I would not imagine that the Dodgers would be bidders on any big free agent (i.e, Fielder or Pujols). It’s mostly over. This is the offense for nest year:
- 1B – Loney
- 2B – Ellis (I think he will be a stabilizing influence)
- SS – Gordon
- 3B – Uribe
- LF – Rivera
- CF – Kemp
- RF – Ethier
- C – Ellis
- Clayton Kershaw (Cy)
- Chad Billingsley (is 2012 the year he really pitches up to his ability?)
- Ted Lilly (2.94 ERA after the All-Star Game)
- Nate Eovaldi (he will be solid)
- Allen Webster (I’ll give you one guess as to who my TOP Dodger Prospect might be – that’s coming up soon)