We all know that Ned Colletti has a penchant for making deals that he shouldn’t (and I am being kind).
Ned now has a new name.
I wish I had thought of it, but it was “Wally” who did. He has anointed Ned Colletti as “Nedcompoop.”
From henceforth, Ned Colletti shall never referred to as just “Ned,” but rather, as “Nedcompoop.” I like that so much I am just giddy. ;)
We will stop referring to him as Nedcompoop when he wins a World Series, but until then it’s
OK, since I was bragging about how I predicted great things for Kershaw and Kemp, I thought I’d revisit five others I thought would also be great:
- Adrian Beltre – I championed him for years and then when he finally re-deemed himself, he was gone. I predict he will eventually be in the Hall-of-Fame.
- Andy LaRoche – I believed he would be a near-All-Star Caliber 3B and I still can’t figure out what happened. What happened?
- Russell Martin – My favorite Dodgers for a long time. I predicted he would be an All-Star and maybe HOF in his future. He came up through the ranks quickly and became a star and then fizzled. I still can’t figure out what happened… and don’t blame it on overwork. Lots of catchers have worked that hard.
- James McDonald – I never believe he would be a starter. The jury is still out, but I think he’d be great out of the pen.
- Greg Miller – Filthy stuff and I believed he would one day harness his control. Never happened!