Not Just Any Ace

Clayton Kershaw is now the Ace of Spades!  Cy Young in waiting!  Yes, I know he has at least 2 more starts.

Before the season started, I heard that Clayton would “probably be an ace someday” but that he wasn’t that elite pitcher yet.

Let me pose you one question now:

If you were the GM of any team in baseball and could pick any pitcher to start your team, who would you pick instead of Clayton Kershaw?

I rest my case.

Greetings from Port Au Prince, Haiti where the Culture Shock is too deep to explain, let alone understand.   Let me just say that your worst day living in America is better than any Haitians’ best day.  Count your blessings.

8 Responses to “Not Just Any Ace”

Yes, Clayton Kershaw is a good pitcher.

Yawn……

and the Dodgers remain 12 back, but approach .500. This team might just end up average at the end of the year. They are only this good because of two players they control.

A reasonable goal at this point would be to catch, and pass, the gints.

What’s with the Haiti comment? You there?

• Mark_Timmons says:

I am there. I\’ve been here since Wednesday. Be back next Thursday. It\’s hot, dirty, hot and corrupt. Www. Giftofwater.org

Maybe a hurricane tomorrow. This place leave me speechless!

2. MillaBlue says:

The guy deserves the Cy Young. His team helps him very little. Throw an average pitcher in a Philly uniform right now and the confidence is sky high. It’s just not the same.

Give him the hardware!

And….we found a closer thank goodness.

Question, if the Dodgers pass the Giants and finish ahead of them in the West, does Donnie win Manager of the Year?

Gibson. Like Roger said, landslide. Also, a cinch, easy choice, a runaway no brainer duck soup cakewalk.

What, no kudos for Eugenio’s slide last night? Would have liked to have seen a smile on his face. It didn’t look like he got hit too hard.

Somehow I don’t think Roger was being serious about Mattingly being Manager of the Year. However, although I’m not in love with his style (e.g., having Loney bunt twice last week to leave first base open for Kemp), Mattingly’s done more than a credible job keeping this team together. It’s been a bad year, and there could have even been a meltdown to end the season. That there wasn’t, and the fact that this team still continues to play with a purpose in mind, is reason enough for me to withhold judgment on Mattingly. Will be interesting to see if he, and the team, benefit from this year’s adversity.