Why is Eugenio Vélez Still On the Team?

… and other things:

• Why did it take so long to dump Navarro?
  • Why couldn’t Dodger Management see that Jeff Pentland wasn’t getting his job done?
  • Why is Juan Uribe so fat?
  • Why is Andre Ethier a platoon player?
  • Why is Casey Blake so old before his time?
  • Why was Raffy never healthy?
  • Why do I have to ask?

20 Responses to “Why is Eugenio Vélez Still On the Team?”

to all the above: seriously!! i think maybe only God knows?

Easy….

1. Because any game he could have come out of it and hit his career .244, which would have allowed him to keep a job. And, he did hit .295 in ’08.

2. Because Dodger management knew it wasn’t Pentland’s fault. The fault lies in the fact that Dodger management signed average players. To expect them to hit above average is unrealistic.

3. Because he loves to eat more than he loves to play baseball.

4. Because his 3 year splits show a .222 BA against LHP.

5. Casey Blake is 38 and he did not take steroids. He is what he has always been only he is older than he ever was.

6. Because he is a great talent in a fragile body.

7. You don’t. You know the answers to all of these questions. This is just a test to see if we know.

3. RogerCraig says:

“The fault lies in the fact that Dodger management signed average players. To expect them to hit above average is unrealistic.”

I agree with that, but nearly all have hit below their average. That’s another story.

4. Wally says:

The real question is: Why is Ned Colletti still here?

5. Jae says:

Because has has to be somewhere. ;)

Why are we asking all these questons?

Simple. Frank McCourt is still the owner.

That, and that alone is the reason this team cannot climb above mediocrity. You get what you pay for, and the Dodgers haven’t paid for much.

Oh, and all of what Badger said.

I need 25 thousand of you to sign a petition vowing that Ned is the best thing since sliced bread. Chicago is calling and I would be the happiest man in America, if we could send him back to the “Friendly Confines”. It is a match made in heaven, lovable losers with a LOSER!

Thee most important questions should have been;
    1. Is Vinnie gonna say FUKIT?
    2. Would you pay to see a PPV event of Bud Vs. Frank, winner take all, and who would Vegas favor?

Just watched the LLWS with Huntington Beach playing. Not one on that team had a Dodger as their favorite player. Am I surprised? Well, I guess yeah, a little. That is my old stomping grounds and the Dodgers were the team, not the Angels. Things has changed hasn’t they.

I think the Cub fans would love to have Beane as their GM, though I don’t know he would leave the Bay Area for the cold midwest. Maybe. He has kids, and taking them to the Windy City would really piss them off. The Bay Area is a great place to live and raise a family. We’ll see. Good fit for both parties though. He could dump the junk, get Fielder and start doing things the right way. I really doubt the Cubs would be serious about Jed Mediocrolletti. His history is just not that good.

I wonder what Vinnie really thinks about working for an ass like McCourt. Maybe some day he will speak to it.

\”The Bay Area is a great place to live and raise a family.\”

PURELY SUBJECTIVE

It is a great place to visit.

Now, if money were no object, maybe you are on to something.

In Indiana, I live in a 4,000 sq/ft 4 bedroom/4 bathroom home on a wooded lot with a river out back. City on the front – wildlife in the back. On any given day, I see 8-10 deer in my backyard.

In the Bay Area, my house would cost $1.5 mil (or more). It\’s paid for and I don\’t make nearly what you think – I also work for every dime. Screw the government – they have never taken care of me.

I love the Bay Area – I might buy a place in Tahoe someday. I like the seasons. I would never live there. Hawaii is a different subject…

12. Bobbie17 says:

Twenty five more wins, and we get to 85. Why not?

13. Gonzo says:

Rumor has it that Velez took a picture of Colleti putting on his toupee and has threatend to post it on facebook and twitter. What else could it be?

14. Lever says:

Pix of McCourt, Torre and Ned in a compromising position…

“My wife lived there 30 years. She loves to visit but would rather be dead than live there.”

Whatever credibility you might have had was lost with that statement.

MOST people who have lived in the East Bay love it there. I have never lived in Indiana so I don’t have a clue about it, but I have lived in Nebraska, Missouri and Wisconsin. You can have the winters in all three of those states. If California survives the upcoming pole shift, I would take living there in a heartbeat over Chicago. I would think so would Billy Beane because he is a California guy, born and raised. And though money is the object with most people, it isn’t always. Beane makes bank no matter where he lives, so he is in a position to make choices on quality of living for his family. When I was a kid, we moved from Missouri to Southern California and I thought I had moved to heaven. We will see how it shakes out for the Beane family. If he was as old as Confetti, and his kids were grown, Chicago would be an easy choice for him. But his kids, twins, are very young.

Stanford and UC Berkeley, USF, San Jose State, St. Mary’s… it’s a long list of great schools:

Why are so many on the right upset that progressives have a higher level of education than do regressives? It takes a village you know, and all villages have to have their idiots.

1. [...] around several times, often presented as indisputable fact, by both mainstream media members and other bloggers. On the surface, it seems to make sense; since Pentland was dismissed, there’s been a marked [...]