Final Score: Dodgers 2, Cardinals 1
- Eovaldi allowed his first major league home run to Lance Berkman, but was otherwise very solid. The Dodgers seem to be keeping him on a strict pitch count, thankfully and he could have gone another inning.
- The bullpen was superb, with Furcal’s 2 out single in the 9th being the only blemish. A great bounce back by Guerra from his first ML blown save.
- While Loney had 3 hits and Barajas collected a pair, it was Aaron Miles who stole the show. In the 9th, after Rivera was hit by pitch and replaced by Justin Sellers, Miles smoked a gapper to right center and, on the mishandling of Barajas’ grounder to short by Rafael Furcal, came in to score the eventual winning run. Go Mighty Mites!
- Of course the team would win after going 0 for 2 with RISP and leaving 6 on base. Of course they would.
- Oh and Matt Holliday had to leave the game after a moth got stuck in his ear. No word yet on how many eggs were laid and/or if he’s going to become a comic book supervillain.
Tomorrow’s contest pits Clayton Kershaw against Kyle Lohse. Kershaw last faced the Cards on April 16th and allowed 5 runs in 4.2 innings, while Lohse started the game prior and allowed just a pair of runs over 7.1 frames. Game starts at 5:15pm Pacific.