Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish!

You are only supposed to say good things about people who are gone.

Dioner Navarro is Gone – GOOD!

Other than being fat, lazy, slow, and he couldn’t block a pitch in the dirt or throw out a runner,  he was a good guy!

What took so long?

Ok, nevermind…  I remember who the GM is!

Anyway, AJ Ellis has an opportunity to show if he can be a platoon catcher, a backup catcher or an everyday catcher.

In case he doesn’t know, there’s a guy at AAA pushing him.

9 Responses to “Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish!”

1. Ty says:

So this was what a million gave us Dodger fans. Nice job Ned

2. KEVIN says:

Actually Navarro was very solid defensively. Did you watch him play at all this year?

3. Gonzo says:

Key term WAS. Pro sports are a what have you done for me lately and Navarro hasn’t done much. His defensive lapses are what cost him his position on the club. Hopefully Tim Fredwiiosoxjksc will make us forget Trayvons minor league career year. If the kid can handle a pitching staff like Sciosca did back in the day and hit .260-.270 10-15 HRs and 50-60 rbi I’ll take him. Apparently he’s got a hose.

4. The Glass Is Now Empty says:

Navarro struck me as being dis-connected to the pitching staff. I never thought he was all that great defensively..and yes I watch almost every Dodger game…

90% OF THE TIME NAVARRO WAS A GOOD CATCHER. IT\’S THAT LAST 10%. HE SUCKED POND WATER THEN!

6. Tede51 says:

Now we all can see the hand writing on the wall. Fed Ex will be called up in September. This is the only reason for Navarro to be released.

I forget exactly what the situation was last year with Tampa Bay, but I believe Navarro displayed his less than admirable attitude during the playoffs last year. And now it appears that Mattingly and apparently Colletti weren’t thrilled with his attitude or work ethic.

I wish Navarro a happy life, but with respect to the Dodgers I’ll echo Mark’s words, “GOOD RIDDANCE….” And it seems the players aren’t mourning his departure given the current 8-0 score.

8. Idaho al says:

Good. I said in an earlier post that I thought he was not a good defensive catcher. When he was catching Kuroda one night we let three balls in the dirt get by him. One he hardly made any effort to block. That was the night, I think, that ended his tenure in Los Angles. At least Ellis tries.