Categorized | Jared Massey, Mark Timmons

Matt Holliday LF
Lance Berkman RF
Jon Jay CF
Yadier Molina C
Daniel Descalso SS
Chris Carpenter P

Tough assignment for Eovaldi, facing a potent lineup against a former Cy Young award winner. How do you like the new lineup?

7 Responses to “Game Thread – August 22, 2011”

1. The Glass Is Now Empty says:

Except for Velez….pretty cool!

It didn’t occur to me that the team (i.e., the DODGERS) are paying the bankruptcy attorneys. Seems obvious, but it just never connected with my overtaxed brain cells. Consequently, don’t expect the Dodgers to sign anyone of significance this winter, since their salaries are going to the lawyers.

Hopefully MLB is just lying in the brush waiting for the right moment to pounce, and seize the team. Not knowing is frustrating, to say the least. The sooner our reprobate owner goes the better for everybody(except, or course, the reprobate himself).

I called for it the other day — hit Kemp third in the order.

As for Velez, I think Ned is considering a 12.5 million dollar offer for him to play 2nd or left field.

We going out of town for about 12 days. I get a two week leave from my Chemo, completed 4 months now or 16 weeks. Dr.s want me to take a short rest from the treatments. Then back for 2 or 3 more months.

Would it not be interesting if Loney ends up the year with a higher batting average than Ethier.

Carpenter into the 8th inning was just too much for the slugging Dodger bats. But so are most pitcher they face.

It is Kemp’s time to come alive. Still a dud. Can of corn to left field. Matt still is not an elite player in the majors. A nice player, having a good year. But it is times like this he needs to step it up.

Example: Berkman did, and hit it out.

Dr. Roger; God Speed and I hope you get an appetite during your purification period. Really Man , you are the man.
    Fasten your seat belts, as soon as Donnie baseball benches Dre[ I did this week on my fantasy team with James as my DH] { he is a BLACK HOLE}.
    Do we really want to pay him 12 or 13 mil for another year of waiting for him to get thre F^ck out of town?
    In a short sample of the last few games James has looked like the player I have always envisioned him to be: a .330 plus hitter and a damn good guy.

peAcE mOn

Thanks for the words Michael.

I think James will sign for a fair amount. He wants to play and has some game to prove. If he wants to stay a Dodger, and the Dodgers offer him a contract, might be with performance stats involved in some way.

I would keep him, and go after a very solid left fielder. Solid 3bman, and 2nd. Also a catcher than what we have had the past three seasons.

Well, like was said early in the year, you have to wait until all 162 games are played before you can accuratel evaluate a player’s season. Loney could finish with a flourish and Ethier and Kemp could fall off the table. You just never know. I still say every one of those guys will take the best deal available and if comes from somewhere else? – bye bye.

Go after two solid players Roger? Like who? And, how will you pay them? Ethier, Kemp and Kershaw will all get raises and Uribe, Lilly and Guerrier will make about $25 million between them, even Blake gets over a million in a buy-out. The fans won’t be duped again, so season tickets won’t sell like they did this year – this team is officially financially strapped. Even if McGreaseball gets his t.v. contract, you think he will spend it on the team? Ha! He won’t change. It’s about lifestyle with him and he will continue to use the Dodgers as his own private piggy bank. Nobody is going to want to come play here as long as Frankie is the owner.