Categorized | Jared Massey

Prince Fielder 1B
Casey McGahee 3B
Yuniesky Betancourt SS
Jerry Hairston 2B
Jonathan Lucroy C
Yovani Gallardo P

Rivera, who’s never faced Gallardo, gets the start over Loney, who’s 2 for 8 against him in the past. Interesting note: Loney’s OPS is just .021 points higher than Gallardo’s.

7 Responses to “Game Thread – August 16, 2011”

Have only watched a bit of the game. But as I said yesterday, when Rivera plays first base, he seems to have a fielding problem. Saw him drop a ball that he had caught for an out. Not good.

That slugging guy Ethier, keeps hitting hitting ground balls . . . and another K. He is soft . . . or, is he and Loney, and the rest just trying to pile in on to keep going down to the bottom.

Why I wake up early to still watch games here in Malaysia/Singapore is beyond me.

I could care less when I was home and the game started at 7pm, yet I feel the need to get up and check scores while out here. I must be home sick!!

Oh well, as long as Gibby’s team wins the division and the gnats continue to blow games im happy

The problem is ; our starters feel like they have to pitch a perfect game and go yard because our offense is offensive, putrid, limp and smells worse than KIM-CHI. I’m going to Barf

Bobby . . . is the sun shining now?

Michael, you almost have it — the starters do HAVE to pitch a perfect game, and not walk 5 in a row, or they will loose.

Again, the Brewers played well enough to win, and the Dodgers played well enough, to loose (again).

That is what this team is this season.

Same crap different day.

The question I have is, where will the Dodgers pick in the 2012 draft?

Yeah, you are right 66. I am not exactly “excited” about it, just curious how bad this team will finish.

Exciting finish to both the Dback Phillie game and the gints Braves games. Could be a dramatic drive within the division – for anyone here who cares. I do. I have a horse in the race – any team but the gints.