There’s Never Been A Worse Time to Be a Dodger Fan

Alyssa is Now a Bag Lady

The Accusations

The Greed

The Decadance

The Dodger Bankruptcy

The Dodgers are 40 Games Out of First and Ned Still Ain’t Selling

The Dodgers Can’t Hit, so They Fire Jeff Pentland (but way too late).  It’s tantamount to calling the fire department when the house has already burned down.  Why bother?

Alyssa Milano sure dresses differently now.

18 Responses to “There’s Never Been A Worse Time to Be a Dodger Fan”

1. kaynla says:

You forgot the Bryan Stow beating.

Of course, we’d all like to forget all of it, except the baseball.

And the sooner they play Abu* at 3rd base, the better.

*Anyone But Uribe.

There are so many possible trails to this saga. We all hope that the Dodgers are put up for sale, and some money pockets responsible owner takes over . . . and the rest is ancient history.

But there is another trail that nags at me.

Say that McCourt is able to hang on to the team. That several players are soon traded for prospects. Say Guerrier, Hawksworth, Kuroda, Lilly for pitchers might go soon.

Say Blake, Carroll, Furcal, Loney, Miles, Uribe, Ethier might go.

Not all, but some of these.

Now — over the winter, McCourt still has the team. I do not see just how this puzzle works when other decent FAs would not want to play for the Dodgers under these conditions and go elsewhere. Maybe a trade for lesser players giving up some of the new prospects.

Next years team will be even worse. Kemp will say over the winter, I am gone after this contract. Mark, so me your roster under these conditions.

Watching Navarro throw two balls almost into the ocean today (so far) he has to go.

If you say: Gordon, Robinson, Sands, Gwynn, Uribe (contract), Barajas or Ellis, De Jesus, Mitchell (I know you like him), and 1 or 2 of the new traded for prospects from now . . . that is a AA to AAA roster.

Oh, the wake that McCourt could leave.

• Mark_Timmons says:

Roger,

Russ Mitchell is a journeyman AAA player (at best). There are so many possibilities that I can\’t even speculate.

I think that the only way out for McCourt is to find someone who will pay Jamie off and advance him the money to last until 2014 when he can start his own TV network and Dodgertown and a new stadium.

In other words, he would have to take on a partner with very deep pockets.

What kind of idiot would partner up with McCourt? That could only be more bad news.

The way out of this mess is for McCourt to disappear entirely. If that doesn’t happen, the Dodgers are done.

3. The Glass Is Now Empty says:

Is anybody else rooting for Jamie in Frank’s request for a reduction in his spousal payments?…I hope she wins and squeezes the living daylights out of him!

4. The Glass Is Now Empty says:

By the way I prefer Alyssa on the left!

Badger, I concur. I have been a Dodger fan since the mid-1950′s. Went to my first Dodger game in 1956 at Ebbets Field. That was 55 years ago. But if McCourt remains the owner I will seriously consider forgetting about the Dodgers, and probably would have no rooting interest in any other team. It wouldn’t be easy, but I’d sure try.

6. Gonzo says:

BillShaikinBill Shaikin
    MCCourt being taken to task by US trustee via Shaikin’s twitter account:

US trustee atty: “I feel like I’ve been lied to .. A half-truth is as good as a while lie.” Fee amount withheld, not promptly disclosed.

BillShaikinBill Shaikin

US Trustee atty says “I would have had a fit” had I known about $5.25m fee right away

BillShaikinBill Shaikin

US Trustee atty likens Dodgers to “miscreant 13-year-old” who thinks everything will be OK with an apology

You’ve been around even longer than I have Brooklyn. You and Roger are the senior citizens I believe. I was a Kansas City A’s fan when I went to my first game in Kansas City – that was in ’56. Saw Mickey Mantle hit two the first game I ever went to. Moved to L.A. in early ’59 and immediately became a Dodger fan.

But I am done if McCourt stays as owner. I just cannot, and will not support that guy.

8. jerry says:

i dont under stand about getting a new stadium,, there is nothing wrong with dodger stadium.. now that is a waste of money

We should start a national list of “Long Time Dodgers Fans Who Quit if McCourt Keeps the Team” — That would be: LTDFWQIMKTT”

Jerry, if not a new stadium, I have proposed here before — re-doing the outfield wall area.

1- get rid of the cookie-cutter fence.

2- move it in just a bit.

3- place some box seats down hear the ground, and have the fence like in Baltimore (left field side) and other newer parks — where the fence is like only 7 or 8 or 9 feet high, and fans are right there.

4- Make some uniqueness of the fence or wall or barrier. Not just the same cookie cutter size.

This would offer more HRs, and fans right in the action.

Also — some large video screen . . . like some of the new parks have.

I think your suggestions are good ones Roger. Just give it some character. The location is actually good. Unless somebody comes along with the money and the desire to build a really beautiful state-of-art downtown stadium, Dodger Stadium could be renovated easily.

12. Cezar says:

On a good note, KERSHAW IS A BEEEEEEEEEEEEEAST!!!!!

13. Dodger66 says:

You can add my name to the list of long time Dodger fans that will not be able to support the team if McCourt some how manages to keep the team. I already feel like it is the Dodger fans against McCourt when the Dodgers play, and we win when the Dodgers loose.

14. The Glass Is Now Empty says:

Count me in..or out in this case…Saw my first game in 1959. I can’t even watch them play anymore…..McCourt must go! This year is definately a Trail of Tears!

15. Ron Fairly Fan says:

I am another long time fan 1965, I have not been to Dodger stadium since 2005. Will not go again until McCourt is gone. If he retains the team I guess I’ll never go back. Don’t know if I’ll root for another team or just follow minor league ball