Frank McCourt is Screwed!

Well, it turns out that it was a big blunder for Frank McCourt to file Bankruptcy for the Los Angeles Dodgers.  As I said before, he would have little chance to prevail in Bankruptcy Court, and today the Judge ruled that he cannot get the Documents he wants from MLB and that he cannot depose Bug Selig.

It would have been interesting to see a moron and an idiot having a go at it (you figure out who’s who).

Bottom line:  he should have borrowed money and filed a suit again MLB in Federal Court.  He would have had a better chance of prevailing there on Constitutional Issues, but he didn’t and he can’t and he won’t!  This is the beginning of the end for Frank McCourt.  He is screwed!

Give it up, Frank!  You can’t win now!

You say you care about the Dodgers?  Walk away.  Let Bug sell the team and you and the other lunatic can split $300 million.

The party’s over!  Just shut-up and roll over like the dog that you are!

9 Responses to “Frank McCourt is Screwed!”

1. Dusto says:

Now would be a good time to win a 500 million dollar lottery. I’d definitely put the money up to buy the team. If only it were that easy.

As much as I would like to believe that Frank is truly screwed, I tend to think it’s not over yet.

According to the above linked article, “Gross [Kevin Gross, the bankruptcy judge] did not preclude McCourt and his attorneys from asking for those documents — or asking to put Selig under oath — later in the case.”

“Salerno [Thomas Salerno, the lead attorney for the Phoenix Coyotes during that teams bankruptcy case] also said Thursday’s hearing was ‘a skirmish in a bigger battle’ and did not necessarily foretell how Gross might rule as McCourt fights to retain ownership of the Dodgers amid MLB allegations of financial mismanagement of the team.”

I wonder if this quote from Gross gives us a hint as to how he views this case.

“I wish for those childhood days when baseball was just a game,” Gross said.

Mark, I rate your pronognesations[spellcheck] somewhere between The Amazing Kreskin and Thee Mighty Karnac[would Johnny{RIP}be having a blast with this]. Hope you have a hit on this one, It’s like Abandon Ship and we are Franks “Tidy Bowl Men”

$750 mill, don’t you think?

• Mark_Timmons says:

$750 is about right, but the Dodgers are worth a Billion according to sources in the know.

7 years ago they were worth $450,000,000.

$750,000,000 would get Frank and Jamie about $50 mil each.

Screw \’em!

I\’m sick of it!

Question: let’s say the club is sold for $700,000,000 or something. Do not the outstanding debts have to be paid out of those funds?

Like, if there are vendors, staff, companies, etc. that have bills due. Is there not a way they must be paid from the funds of the sale, before they go to the ownership selling???

Thank you Mark.

I want to put in for emotional stress, sleepless nights, wasted time watching boring games, and the payment for Extra Innings on DirecTV. If I would have been able to go to Spring Training back in March, I would put in for those expenses as well.

• alv2011 says:

FYI a group of us are trying to channel our disgust into ousting him – for those of you who feel the desire to join a movement to get 56000 people (capacity of the stadium, give or take) to commit to not giving him another dime until he gives up the team, check out our Boycott McCourt movement.

We still have a ways to go….

I’m in.