Dear Josh Rawitch,

I don’t want to be ungrateful because I have been to your “Blogger Nights” and they have been nothing but first class.  No detail has been skipped. I know what is involved in putting on a production like this and you and your staff:  Amy Summers, Joe Jareck, Yvonne Carrasco, Jon Chapper and Colin Gunderson are TOP NOTCH.    However, I will not be there on July 5,2011.   I really enjoyed Blogger Nights and I hope to return (if you will have me) someday, but I will not come as long as Frank McCourt is the owner of the Dodgers.

There, I said it.  I could live with Ned Colletti, even though he really made some really bad deals.  Ned is a First-Class guy (albeit a bad GM) and I respect him.  I don’t want him as GM of my team the same as you don’t want me to give you a prostate exam.   Neither is a good thing… believe me!

Some people are going to be shocked that I am writing this because for years I have been called a “Frank McCourt Supporter.”  For the record, I shook Frank’s hand once at Vero Beach, but I have never met the guy or had a conversation with him.

When Frank bought the Dodgers I was willing to give him a chance.  I like most people, diverse as they are, and I had no ax to grind with Frank.  They said he was under-captialized, I said I admired his chutzpah .  They said he made bad decisions.  I said he was learning.  He was vilified for moving the Dodgers from Vero Beach to Glendale, AZ.  I said he did the right thing.  He made the Dodgers side of Camelback Ranch one of the best facilities in baseball.  He upgraded Dodger Stadium.  He assembled an excellent front office staff.  I was even willing to forgive the hundred million he took out of the team, although that took a while.

Of course, then came THE DIVORCE and it was/is ugly.  Jamie could be the culprit I said.  But then he said that he would not use any of the FOX money in the divorce.  I was down with that until I found out it was a lie. More than half the upfront money would have went places other than the Dodgers.  I couldn’t forgive that, justify that, or even grasp that!

Then he filed BANKRUPTCY for the most storied franchise in baseball! He filed Bankruptcy for the Dodgers.  Hell, no!  He put the Dodgers in Backruptcy Court to further his own ends.  Are you kidding me?   He made this franchise a laughingstock.  He tainted the Dodgers.

The Dodgers are hallowed ground.  Don Drysdale, Duke Snider, Roy Campanella, Jim Gilliam, Walter Alston and the others are seething.  Being a Dodger was something special – Something you could put on your tombstone.   Frank McCourt is not a Dodger. He will never be a Dodgers and should not be allowed to own the Dodgers.

The Big Dodger in the Sky is not to be mocked.

Bankruptcy for the Dodgers!

I cannot abide that.

Frank says he cares about the Dodgers.  Frank Lies!  Frank cares about Frank!  I’ve come across decomposed bodies that are less offensive than Frank McCourt. He dared put the Los Angeles Dodgers in Bankruptcy for his own selfish ends!    The Big Dodger in the Sky is not pleased!  Frank McCourt is the first in his family born without a tail.

I will never attend another Dodger game until Frank McCourt is gone.

Good Riddance to bad rubbish.

Josh, you are a great guy.  You deserve better.  Hopefully you will get it soon.    This needs to end… like NOW!

Dodger fans everywhere, you need to boycott all games… starting now!

Give it up, Frank.  Withdraw the bankruptcy filing and just walk away.   Otherwise, face the wrath of THE BIG DODGER IN THE SKY!

29 Responses to “Dear Josh Rawitch,”

Well, all I can say is – it’s about time Mark. I always thought you were a reasonably smart guy, but your position on McCourt over the years has been quite puzzling. His character seemed damned obvious to me.

I am not personally familiar with “Blogger Nigthts” but, I am sure you will be missed. Is that one of your “insider” gigs?

I sure hope that even those who are given free tickets to games see that to show up at all is lending support to McCourt. Don’t go. Just stay home everybody. This will be over eventually.

• Anonymous says:

After the week that us Dodger fans have been put through, it sure seems that the Monday opener of the homestand would be the opportunity to send the message loud and clear. We hate what McCourt has done and for at least this one time: DON’T GO TO THE GAME!

2. Mark Timmons says:

Badger,

The Dodgers have a goodly number of bloggers, most of whom are real bloggers, unlike me. I won’t be missed, but it is a night that the Dodgers have had for 4 or 5 years where the people who have blogs, show up and are entertained by Josh, Ned and other Dodgers like Ron Cey, Sweet Lou and the like. It’s a lot of fun and I come the longest way, but I am not going to another game until Frank is gone. I learned that from you!

Well you put it on the line now Mark. No one can say that you’re in it for the free tickets now. I congratulate you for coming out of the Dodger ownership closet offically. I will assume that Jared will stay professionally neutral on this matter.
    Maybe blogger nights is an attempt to create more numbers in the Stadium as the cupboards have been very bare at the Ravine lately. They have room for blogger night every night if they choose. They can create free attendance for little league teams in the hopes they they might buy some snacks at the game. Every growing boy and girl needs to eat a Dodger dog.
    I still hate thinking about how bad this situation will get before it gets resolved. The thought of losing Ethier, Kemp, Kershaw, Bills and others before this is over sickens my stomach. You hit the nail on the head Mark when you said “He dared put the Los Angeles Dodgers in Bankruptcy for his own selfish ends!” Frank if you’re listening to us fans – GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE NOW, YOU ARE NOT WANTED ANY LONGER. YOU ARE ONLY GOING TO SCREW THINGS UP EVEN WORSE THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE. DON’T LET THE STADIUM GATE HIT YOU IN THE ASS ON THE WAY OUT.

Nice letter Mark. Now all we need is for Frank to see the light and realize that the damage he has done to his relationship with the fans and the city is irreparable, and that the best he can do for himself is to sell the team, and walk away with as much money as he can. That would, of course, require him to put aside his ego. Suffice to say, I’m not holding my breath.

Badger, you’re absolutely correct that people who get free tickets should not show up. Besides the fact that they’ll probably be putting parking and concession money into Frank’s pocket, it’s also best to maintain the impression of Dodger Stadium being a ghost town as long as McDespised is the owner.

And in the event that Frank is somehow able to hold onto the Dodgers, then there needs to be an organized, long term boycott of the team until he’s forced to sell. Let’s hope it never comes to that.

5. Anonymous says:

Go Quakes!

“Borrowed $60 million to make payroll.”

And this will be how it goes until the adults in the room stand tall and make a decision:

A. get out of town Frank

B. let the man go further into debt to run this club as he sees fit.

The Judge:

“You ok’d his ownership Bud. YOU did this knowing full well that this man’s history was one of borrow and spend. You must have known this could have been a possibility. Hell, back in 2005 Badger out there on the left coast told you this could be a likely outcome. If he, with his California State University Chico education, could figure it out, how can you stand there and tell the court you are surprised?”

Do the right thing judge. Do not swallow your gavel and stand on “law”. This has become about justice, and what is justice for all of baseball, especially those loyal Dodger fans, is to force the sale of the franchise.

And furthermore, next time we go through this, Bug, don’t put somebody in there you expect to be able to control by pulling the purse strings of the impecunious. Not a good strategy. Allow the Los Angeles Dodgers to be all they can be and you will see all the boats floating higher.

The above article speaks to the culpability of Bud Selig and MLB in allowing McTrash to get his hands on one of baseball’s crown jewels rather than consent to a heavily capitalized ownership that could have transformed the Dodgers into the Yankees of the west. Doing so would have made talk of a Fox deal irrelevant, and Dodger TV a reality.

It also explains why the current leadership of MLB is resistant to allowing Mark Cuban or anyone of his ilk to own an MLB franchise. Apparently, the current stewards of the game have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Want to increase the interest of young people in the game? What better way is there than bringing in ownership open to the realities of the modern era, and willing to embrace new ideas that will attract the younger generation, and in so doing build a more secure future for the game.

A strong Dodger franchise would help drive MLB revenues through the roof. And some of those revenues would find their way to small market teams. What’s wrong with that Bud?

People who have done things a certain way for a long long time often are very resistant to change.

Brooklyn, do you remember how difficult it was for a simple concept like Civil Rights to get traction in this country? In some places, it still hasn’t. How about the Women’s Lib? They needed a movement to get our attention?

That article you just posted is on the money. Change in MLB? Not likely. Not for a while. Not with the current leadership, and not with the Good Ol’ Boys Club that IS the ownership group.

I don’t know how this whole thing with the Dodgers is going to play out, other than McDope finally getting the message and beatin’ feet the hell out town, but to think we can get a guy like Mark Cuban in there is just wishful thinking. MLB will allow a broke owner, because he can be controlled (yeah right – hows that working for you now Bud?) but they will not allow a rogue bull in the arena. Mark Cuban could take the Dodgers and make them the elite team of the NL in the matter of months. He would have his own cable network, put maybe 4 million b.i.s. within two years of taking over and be the toast of L.A.. Lawyers representing every quality free agent in the game would be on the phone trying to get their clients in on it. Every team in the National League would envy the Dodgers, and the Dodgers would be writing luxury tax checks to cover the cost of winning.

Can’t have that. It is more important to retain the status quo than to move into the 21st century.

Think about where professional sports in general finds itself right now. Nobody gives a damn about golf, tennis is no longer relevant, NFL and NBA are both in lock-outs – could MLB be far behind?

I guess we’ll see. But, if MLB had smart leadership, a man with vision and integrity, the crap we have seen over the last few years, AND the last few decades, would never have happened.

After Frank and Jed, Bud needs to submit his resignation.

Heck, if Jed stays and Frank and Bud submit their resignations, I’ll be ecstatic. In that scenario it wouldn’t be long before Jed went out the door too. But I agree that we’re not likely to see the departure of the dinosaurs at MLB anytime soon.

10. Idaho al says:

I agree with almost everything that has been said. McCourt needs to leave town with Colletti right behind him. The trainer he hired from San Franciso should also leave. The Jason Schmidt signing is enough to replace the trainer.

I also agree that Bud has not been good for baseball. Just look at the steroid era. However, the players need to take some responsibility for that era.

I am just afraid we are going to lose Kemp, Either, and some of the other good players. We are 10 games down and I would release or trade half of the ball players on the team. We just as well play the young players and find out what they can do. The other day we had only two players (Either and Kemp) who had a home run this year in the line up. The other seven players did not have a home run this year. If we could get a catcher, 3rd base and first base prospect in some trades, we need to do it. It would be nice to have McDonald and May on this team. We need to trade Furcal, Blake, Loney and anyone hitting under 200. That may be half the team.

11. Jimmy Mac says:

What Loney doesn’t do is magnified by the holes at 3rd, LF, and catcher. If the Dodgers had a real #5 hitter in either LF or at 3B, I could live with Loney.

I’d like to see more power at 1B, but I don’t disagree with you Jimmy. If the Dodgers had impact bats at 3B, C, and LF, Loney would more than likely be more productive, since he would be surrounded by productive hitters. But getting impact bats at those three positions is going to cost money. Perhaps Jerry Sands could fill the hole in LF, but based on what I know, plugging the holes at 3B and C would be costly, and money is in short supply at Chavez Ravine. Pitching will also have to be fortified.

Dodger problems require mostly money, and perhaps a GM with some fresh ideas.

13. nevermind Mark says:

I take back all the bad things I said about you! you finally came around

ALL of the Dodger problems can be blamed on money. First the mismanagement of it, and now, the lack of it. And Jed’s moves are part of this. Schmidt and Jones? Ridiculous.

The borrow and spend policies of this Dodger administration have caused what you see on the field. Our payroll is over $100 million and where is the talent? We have holes all over the field and no money to pay replacements. Sands and Robinson won’t make this team a winner. I would rather see them given the chance, but I don’t see anyone in our system that has Super Star written on them. Mediocrity spreads from top to bottom in this organization.

This will be fixed by making the Dodgers an attractive organization again. How is that done? I think we all know.

We need to compete for the Lee’s, Sabathia’s, Crawford’s, Teixeira’s etc. when they come on the market. The era of Blake’s, Uribe’s, Barajas, Thagwybbons and Lilly’s must come to an end.

The answer is obvious. The solution to our problems begins with one move. If the move isn’t made, the Dodgers are done.

15. youbetterthinkagain says:

Wow, an admission after all, and even somewhat humble, I guess it could be seen that way. Way to go Timmons!

Now come out and tell the whole truth, because I too have done some checking and have figured it out, you and Original Dodgerman are one in the same. You created that alter ego to “just stir things up”. I have done the research or rather some of my people and they have found the IP address and it traces back to you. I have to give you credit however, you were able to divert my attacks on your obnoxiousness by flipping the checkerboard and demonizing me, youbetterthinkagain.

In any event, it took you a long time to face facts and that is to appreciated by all, way to go Original Dodgerman!

OD,

Maybe you have schizophrenia, I wouldn\’t be surprised. You seen to have forgotten all the things you have said.

Listen, I know your name. Do you want me to publish it?

It starts with a Y.

I can prove who you are.

If OD and I have the same IP address, tell me what it is!

I can tell what your is. Do you want me to say?

I\’ll authorize you to give up my IP address.

Here\’s the thing you obviously don\’t know – YOU HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING MY IP ADDRESS!

So, in summary, you are delusional or a liar!

Should I tell them your name? ___________ Y__________

No need for this Mark. Whoever this guy is has successfully pushed your buttons. I found it amusing at first, because frankly I think you had some of it coming. I won’t go into the details why as I think you know.

But this guy is getting kind of annoying.

So am I. I think I have said the same thing over and over again for months now and frankly I am boring myself. Until McCourt is gone and new Dodger ownership (not MLB) is in place, this team will remain stuck in mediocrity. I believe that is fact.

Maybe I will be proven wrong. But so far, I have not been.

Is Miles really hitting .321?

Kuroda showcasing his talents. Sure hope he agrees to be shipped to a contender.

Badger,

I would not say it was OD unless I was 100%sure. IP addresses don\’t lie. Only I can see them.

He hasn\’t pushed my buttons – I just want him to know I know.

Kuroda should bring a TOP Prospect.

The Dodgers responded to this post today. It was all good. No problems.

“The Dodgers responded to this post today.”

Really? Who said what?

20. youbetterthinkagain says:

Timmons, you do what you have to do, whatever you think furthers your cause and character. The more you respond to me and now make a threat of exposure, the more you reveal you and your smallness. All I have done is call you out for being an obnoxious blowhard that runs a blog to feed your own ego. I have called you out for claiming to have special inside information, which actually isn’t special or inside and typically would only require common sense to make those takes. I have called you out for attacking others with your disgusting, sore shouldered bragging about how special you are and how dumb everyone else is. I have called you out for totally being wrong on many, if not most of your takes. None of these have you disputed and none of these have you even come close to admitting to (although it is obvious to many in here, well at least the honest ones that won’t just kiss your large ass).

So if you must carry out your threat and can’t really compete with me on factual discussions and disagreements, you will actually only give credibility to the most glaring objection I have about you. It is your number one claim and ego stroke, that you are a guy who can take it and nobody gets to you. You have already proven that you can’t take it and I have gotten to you (thanks for devoting so much time to me and even a few blogs). It will also put everyone on notice, that if they really disagree with you and stand up to you, that you will do just about anything to silence your critics, thus truly revealing how small a person you really are. So do what you think advances yourself and your grand website the best.

BTW, you are so easy, it really didn’t take very much to have you respond in a very predictable way, a great illustration of what you really are made of.

Peace, you big tough guy!

21. Jae says:

You should change your name from youbetterthinkagain to youbetterthinkperiod. You are a boorish blowhard. Don’t go away mad – Just go away period!

Yes, betterstartthinking, you have done all those things you said you did. So, well done on your part. Like I said before, I think Mark had it coming to a large degree. I have had my issues with him over the years, and not that long ago he attacked me personally and we went round and round about it.

But, we move on. You don’t seem to be able to do that. And if you are in fact OD, I know why. If you are in fact OD, you have been a pain in the ass for years. Everybody that knows OD knows that.

So, if you feel you must beat this into the ground, go ahead, but you will not have any support from anyone around here. You made your point. Now make peace with it.

Being bitter is like eating poison and thinking someone else will die.

He knows I know. Nothing else matters.

He will change or he won\’t – it\’s not my problem.

If I were right only 50% of the time I\’d be a genius!

I am wrong plenty of times. It\’s because I\’m not afraid to state my opinion.

So, I\’m wrong? What of it?

BTW Badger,

They just said I was hasty in judging Frank (I said I was the last rat off the ship), but assured me I was still welcome.

It was class!

Hasty?

Interesting choice of words considering his background, how long he has been bilking the team, and the fact he took the Dodgers to bankruptcy. Hasty isn’t the word I would use… “about freakin’ time Mark” would fit.

26. Dave says:

Mark, Can you push for a fan strike? With picket signs along streets right near entrances to the stadium? I’ll participate. What if we picket a series closest to the next BK court hearing?

I live not so far from Dodger Stadium. I haven’t been to a Dodger game since the Phillies beat the Dodgers in the playoffs. I love the Dodgers and want SO badly to go to games and see the players, feel the atmosphere (“Nuts! Nuts!. . .”), eat a Dodger Dog, drink a beer, go home with my wife right after and have great. . .popcorn.

Anyways, after seeing a Phillies fan assaulted and battered in a restroom by a latino (you name the street) gang, I stopped attending. Seeing handfuls of water thrown on the guy as he tried to relieve himself . . .cursed at, shoved into the urinal by each successive little piece of excrement (insert name of street) latino gang-banger. . .was what got me to stop going. I was fearful that my 85 year-old-WWII-veteran father would intervene like he did in wartime. Fortunately, he didn’t really grasp what was happening or he would have hit one of those little pieces of excrement (insert name of street) gangsta-pussies.

Those days may be in the past (no need to fear, the LAPD is here), but until McOwnershipsucks changes, I’m on another fan on strike, willing to go to war with my picket sign.

27. Emma says:

I’ve been an season ticket holder and have made so many friends at the stadium that walking in there is like my second home. I go to the games to support the players and the ushers from the field level to the Top Deck that I call friends. I don’t go to support Frank McCourt. My tickets are already been paid. Should I let someone like Frank stop me from doing what I enjoy doing? I am looking forward to meeting again with friends today from Defiance, Ohio that I met at Vero Beach many years ago. They try to make a trip a year. They are Dodger fans and Cleveland fans. I will continue to go, pull my radio, scorebook and watch the games with friends and family. Mind you I don’t fault you for those that decide not to go.