As Hated As Adolph Hitler?

This 2011 version of the Dodgers may be hard to figure out, but I saw a bunch of happy excited young ballplayers last night when Tony Gwynn, Jr. drove in the winning run.  In a season where victories have been few and sometimes,

Part of the Dodgers or Not?

far-between, the Dodgers got another command performance from their Ace, and Tony Gwynn, Jr. made a case for seeing more playing time.

The Dodgers have one big problem and that is Frank McCourt – you will be hard-pressed to find a Dodger fan who wants him around.  You will be equally hard-pressed to find an owner or someone in the Commissioner’s office who also wants him around.  He’s not as hated as Hitler, but he’s a close second.  That isn’t the Dodgers only problem.  They are paying off about $20 million in bad contracts to guys who can no longer play and they have made some bad signings which (to date) have not worked out, namely Lilly, Guerrier, Uribe, Garland and others.

Ned signed Jason Schmidt with knowledge of his shoulder injury and then tried (to no avail) to be reimbursed from the insurer.  Bill Shaikin of the LA Times wrote:

It is believed the Schmidt physical included an MRI examination that confirmed the rotator cuff injury.

If an MRI “confirmed” that, wouldn’t it be prudent to do further tests?  Again, I will say that Ned signed Schmidt without a physical – and I mean a complete physical.  It’s just like with Juan Uribe – he’s was just so excited to take a player away from his former employer that he didn’t do his due diligence.  Those are but two of many “fire-able offenses.”

But, the Dodger’s problem runs deeper than that.  I believe it started with Joe Torre – Frank wanted to instill the Yankee Way in place of the Dodger Way.  I like Don Mattingly – I really do!  But he’s not a Dodger.  We need someone who bleeds Dodger Blue as Manager and as General Manager and as Owners.  Davey Lopes bleeds Blue.  So does Logan White.  Could Mike Scioscia be available next season?   Steve Garvey and Orel Hershiser bleed Dodger Blue.

This organization needs a clean sweep.  If you aren’t a Dodger, you can’t stay.  Logan White has earned the right to be a Dodger.  Davey Lopes has the pedigree.  I wonder how well this team would be playing if Kirk Gibson were the manager?

To say that the Dodgers have problems at the top is an understatement, but it flows down through the front office and coaching staff.  If/when there is a new owner, let’s hope that owner recognizes the importance of using Dodger Blue Bloods to return this organization to glory.

Frank McCourt accomplished some very good things in his tenure as owner (especially early on), but now the greed and decadent lifestyle of the McCourt family far outweighs the good.   Now Frank is threatening to keep the stadium if the Dodgers are taken away.  How that will end, nobody knows, but Bud allowed Frank to separate the business entities, again proving that Bud isn’t all that.  I hope this doesn’t take years, but as Badger says “cockroaches don’t die easily.”

Baseball Business:

• Even through the bad times, I was a big supporter of Chad Billingsley, but I am slowly concluding that we might have seen the best of Chad.  If I were GM of the Dodgers, right about the next time Bills had a good outing, I would make him available for trade.  He would bring a lot (I think) and I am just not so sure about his future with the Dodgers as a starter.  Maybe this is a”knee-jerk” reaction on my, but I am really beginning to wonder about his makeup.
  • James Loney – can the Dodgers afford a singles hitter at 1B?  I think not.
  • Is there a market for Ted Lilly, Juan Uribe, Rafael Furcal or Matt Guerrier?  I think there is… at least shortly.  Let’s play the Kids – including T-Rob in LF and Sands at 1B.
  • Nate Eovaldi,  Allen Webster and  Chris Withrow are all  showing progress.  The same can’t be said for Ethan Martin, who has been somewhat successful in relief lately, but I believe he has a major league bat and can play a position where the Dodgers are deficient (3B).  The opposite can also apply about Pedro Baez.  It’s time to “pull a Kenley Jansen” on him.

15 Responses to “As Hated As Adolph Hitler?”

1. the truth hurts says:

Hate is a very strong word.

I hate frank mccourt.

2. youbetterthinkagain says:

Please don’t trivialize the holocaust by comparing Adolf Hitler to Frank, it is quite offensive. I am not Jewish but have many Jewish friends, some in Israel that I personally knew (they have passed away) that actually were concentration camp survivors. They lost their parents, siblings, grandparents, children and friends to a madman that was full of hate. Frank McCourt is an idiot and a rip off artist, but should not even be mentioned in a sentence with Adolf Hitler. Get a clue you obnoxious jerk-off!

• Mark_Timmons says:

Original Dodgerman,

I’m so happy to give you a reason to live.

Of course, that is a joke – so sorry you didn’t get it.

To think I am trying to trivialize the Holocaust is ludicrous on your part – which is not surprising to me. I have come to expect it.

Maybe poking fun at Jews would have been inappropriate, but I poked fun at Frank McCourt by comparing how hated he is to how hated Hitler was.

Maybe the term “Madman full of hate” applies to you…

• Ty says:

I understand you were trying to make a joke but it’s never ok to compare anyone to Hitler. I’m sure you are clever enough to come up with another comparison. Steven Spielberg would fire your ass if you were a hot actress on the set of Transformers.

3. Gonzo says:

Well, McCOurt just filed for bankruptcy in Delaware. Bud, your move.

4. Gonzo says:

Just found the list of creditors McBroke gave to the court. Fun fact, did you know the Dodgers are still paying Marquis Grissom?

The million-dollar creditors:

1. Ramirez ($21 million)

2. Andruw Jones ($11 million)

3. Hiroki Kuroda ($4.5 million)

4. Rafael Furcal ($3.7 million)

5. Chicago White Sox ($3.5 million, for Juan Pierre)

6. Ted Lilly ($3.4 million)

7. Zach Lee ($3.4 million)

8. Kaz Ishii ($3.3 million)

9. Juan Uribe ($3.2 million)

10. Matt Guerrier ($3.1 million)

11. Juan Pierre ($3.05 million)

12. Marquis Grissom ($2.7 million)

13. Jon Garland ($1.2 million)

5. youbetterthinkagain says:

I can see that someone else has gotten to you and called you out in your past. Original Dodgerman must have nailed you good and now you feel like you can try to deal with your past nemesis thru me. I am rather new to this board and not seen any of his posts, maybe he is long ago poster. Could you please enlighten me and re-post some of his work?

Speaking of giving someone a reason to live, it seems funny that you are coming after me so strong for a guy “who can take it” and “just says stupid shit to stir things up”. You are test book example of a particular disorder that is study in personality disorders. Hey, I got an idea, let’s see who can guess which disorder you best exemplify. Hint to our game players: says anything he likes, true or false, then when confronted responds, I was only kidding or just stirring things up; inability to apologize for his mistakes and attacks; inflated ego (thus not allowing to see himself as ever being wrong or needing to apologize. That should give you all a start in this game.

Timmons, don’t come to a battle of wits and intelligence with no ammo!

I think Mark has been rather tame in his responses to you thinkagain. I have seen Mark’s pissed off side, and it isn’t evident here.

If you aren’t OD, believe me, getting associated with him is not something you want to have happen to you. If you are, hows that Iraq war working out for you? (sorry Mark, I couldn’t help myself)

Maybe we can all take a step back and get on the same page here. We are all Dodger fans, and Mark seems to have come around from the dark side.

I read some comments over on the MLB Trade Rumors report and many over there are thinking it might be time, out of necessity really, to start the rebuild process. Maybe not mid season, but certainly this fall. Some of our best young players are arbitration eligible this off season – how can the team give them the raises they have coming when they are in BK court?

This will continue to get uglier as time marches on. I hope the players on the field just circle the wagons and play for themselves. Not likely going to be many people in the stands rooting them on so, why not pad the stats and put the house up for sale? It’s what I would do if I were a part of this.

Yeah, you are right OD, I\’m not very smart, but I have smart people who work for me and they tracked your IP address. If you are not OD, you know him and write the same way he does.

Mark, if he IS OD, you know he goes on and off his meds. Give him a break. If he isn’t OD, well, then I like him so give him a break.

It\’s OD – go back and read his posts and he has the same IP address

I believe you. Can’t imagine why you would b.s. us about this.

Oh well. Time to move on dot org.

The web is burning up with opinions about what happens next. It’s going to be interesting.

And I haven’t read yet what the process will be for our arbitration guys. Kershaw is going to get a huge raise, that’s for sure. Kemp, Loney, Ethier – if the checkbooks are sealed….. whahapins?

• I think Dodger fans are screwed…..No player is going to want to stay and ride this mess out….Those days are gone!

We are in for years of disacppointment and losing….

What sleazballs these people turned out to be!

11. youbetterthinkagain says:

Just not possible, you better get some new guys working for you. But hey, this isn’t about me or anyone else, it is about you Timmons, so stop trying to change it around. You have been had, you are a punk and an asshole. Everyone recognizes it and you are to proud of yourself, for God only knows why, and can’t admit to your own faults. You are to be pitied. How’s those sore shoulders doing, chumley?

12. Jae says:

I guess he just proved he was OD. His vocabulary is so limited he has to resort to swearing.

You should ban him.