The Secret Is Out

Remember a couple of days ago, I told you to watch for something that would be a “game changer?”  Well, here it is and your aren’t going to like it.  I have taken a lot of ridicule from some of you who “think you know” what you are talking about.

I am a Dodger Fan and wish this McCourt Fiasco could be over as much as you, but unlike most of you, I know a little more about the inner workings.  I’ll leave it at that, but next time you try and ridicule me, remember this-  I am not a McCourt Booster - I just tell you what I think will happen.  You just love to ridiucule people who present a position you don’t agree with or understand.

You can say you want McCourt out – So do I.  Unlike you, I understand that it won’t be that easy unless Frank gives up and I don’t see that happening.

Bill Shaikin of The LA Times has the story that I couldn’t tell you about a few days ago.  Read it and weep:.

31 Responses to “The Secret Is Out”

Weep………………

2. AnewBlueDay says:

For months now, there is so very little positive about the Dodgers (other than Ethier’s hitting) — this team is in last place in the minds of baseball fans and the media. Maybe not in loses, but in just who the Dodgers are.

The spark is gone. Only Vinny is keeping the smile up, and it is probably pulling his Dodger heart apart.

Last night’s game in Pittsburgh. The 8th inning play on Uribe’s ball was not the ball game. Stranding so many runners was.

I agree with many of you. Get rid of the dead old weight — and bring up some kids. Become the Pittsburgh Pirates of the N.L. West and let the kids play.

Why do you say you knew this and “couldn’t talk about it”? I see nothing in this that surprises me at all. Nobody said this would be easy Mark. In fact, most of us have known for some time this would drag out, possibly into next year. We all know McCourt is a stubborn goat, and he will stall this any way he can. The bottom line SHOULD be – THE FANS HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS GUY!!! Well, most of them have.

For the good of the Dodgers, the fans must speak out. I know I have. Stop going to games until McCourt is gone! And MLB must do something and do it as quickly as possible.

• Mark_Timmons says:

Badger,

I was not kidding when I said that McCourt might still own the team 10 years from now.

The fans are speaking and it is hurting Frank\’s pocketbook, but there is a lot Frank can do… and will do to stop MLB.

I am tired of all this too, but unless they find legal wrongdoing, I don\’t see this going away!

• Deepthroat says:

Everyone knows that I am Marks “deepthroat.” He has my vine and we talk constantly. I can’t reveal my identity though, you know it’s just our secret.

Signed
      Logan
      Oops, wrong button

4. GoNzO says:

Major League Baseball on Fox or MLB on Fox is the Fox Broadcasting Company’s presentation of Major League Baseball games, produced by Fox Sports. Major League Baseball on Fox began on June 1, 1996 and will continue at least through the 2013 World Series.

If I were Selig I’d call in a favor to fox to pull the offer to McCourt off the table or MLB might just have to look elsewhere when the contract is over. I bet there are a couple Networks who wouldn’t mind having baseball.

• Mark_Timmons says:

That type of interference with a contractual relationship would be instant grounds to sue… and win!

5. AnewBlueDay says:

Also, stop buying Dodger stuff. Like no jerseys, caps, programs, t-shirts, etc. MLB gets a cut of all this logo stuff — and when they see sales down, that is money out of their pocket.

We need an organizer out there in LA. For one game, ask the fans going that day, to not go into the Stadium, but gather in the parking lot to one side. Rally for an inning or two, then going into the stadium if they wish. But make a statement.

If the stadium police will not allow the gathering. Then have fans stand from the first inning till the third inning with their backs to the field. Just talk among themselves. Not protesting the Dodgers, but ownership. Chant: Frank must go, Frank must go —– or something.

Where is Mark Cuban when you need him. Or, his other team is in the playoffs.

6. bluetrain says:

“Jamie McCourt probably would approve a bankruptcy filing in conjunction with a sale to the highest bidder, according to the person familiar with her thinking.

In bankruptcy court, the team would be subject to an auction, although MLB would retain the right to approve a new owner.”

With this, and if it happens, i will gladly cheer Jamie as she leaves town :), cause from what the article says, she has some say as half owner.
    train

7. Dusto says:

I know you think your a special person and think an awful lot about yourself, but this type of “writing” simply doesn’t win over any fans. Even if your right, what have you accomplished? A reputation for being a jerk?

• Mark_Timmons says:

You \”know\” just about everything, don\’t you? I guess I did too when I was twenty-something!

Here\’s the thing – I think you might have confused me with someone who cares what others think about what I write. If I did, I\’d write that same drivel that the rest of you do…

8. youbetterthinkagain says:

Wow, I don’t usually comment but this self-promoting boasting about “inside” knowledge is just too funny to ignore. So this earth-shaking revelation is some kind of special knowledge, correct? Mr. Timmons, are you kidding anyone or just yourself? Apparently the only one not to see this coming is yourself. This is actually the very first thing that I saw would be coming, once Bud announced a overseer to the club. The McCourts have demonstrated that they have zero problem taking matters to court on a wide range of issues, how in the hell could you not see this coming, even without your special “inside” knowledge? Thanks for the comedy, you may want to put some BenGay on that sore shoulder you gave yourself, patting yourself on the back. LMAO!

9. youbetterthinkagain says:

You must be the speech writer for Obama, I see a lot of similarities in self-promotion.

• Mark_Timmons says:

Youbetterthinkagain,

OK, I\’ll think again when you start to \”THINK\” period! Evidently, you can\’t read or are devoid of comprehension. If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person alive, and that\’s the best I can say about you.

Josh Fisher has been asked to comment on the Shaikin article over at Dodger Divorce. He might shed some light on this. In the mean time, it would appear from what is being said by Frankie in this PR blitz that he is losing it. What a whining weasel he has turned out to be. Evidently he just can’t see that everyone but his kids want this family to beat feet back to the East Coast…. oh.. wait…..

here’s a surprise – after 18 home games the Dodgers are 8th in MLB in attendance. 36.6 K average. Unbelievable. No wonder Frankie is still there. The fans of L.A. must approve of his ownership. OK, but remember this – you get what you pay for, so, congratulations.

11. Bluefan says:

Attendance Figures since McCourts took control of LAD. The fans are responding (with the lowest tickets purchased totals since 2000), just not loudly enough. I wonder what the yearly actual attendance figures has been? That would give us a good look into whether fans are staying away or not.

Year — Average Attendance — Yearly Attendance

2004 — 43,065 — 3,488,283 — 2nd (NYY)
    2005 — 44,489 — 3,603,680 — 2nd (NYY)
    2006 — 46,400 — 3,758,421 — 2nd (NYY)
    2007 — 47,614 — 3,856,753 — 2nd (NYY)
    2008 — 46,056 — 3,730,553 — 3rd (NYY, NYM)
    2009 — 46,440 — 3,761,669 — 1st
    2010 — 43,979 — 3,562,320 — 3rd (NYY, PHI)
    2011 — 36,672 — 2,970,432 — 8th (PHI, SFG, NYY, LAA, MIN, BOS, STL)

Notes:
    - 2011 Yearly Attendance is projected
    - Average Attendance of 36,672 is lowest since 2000 (35,559)

Year — Average Attendance — Yearly Attendance

2004 — 43,065 — 3,488,283 — 2nd (NYY)
    2005 — 44,489 — 3,603,680 — 2nd (NYY)
    2006 — 46,400 — 3,758,421 — 2nd (NYY)
    2007 — 47,614 — 3,856,753 — 2nd (NYY)
    2008 — 46,056 — 3,730,553 — 3rd (NYY, NYM)
    2009 — 46,440 — 3,761,669 — 1st
    2010 — 43,979 — 3,562,320 — 3rd (NYY, PHI)
    2011 — 36,672 — 2,970,432 — 8th (PHI, SFG, NYY, LAA, MIN, BOS, STL)

Notes:
    - 2011 Yearly Attendance is projected
    - Average Attendance of 36,672 is lowest since 2000 (35,559)

12. AnewBlueDay says:

Folks, let me help with Mark’s comment of “inside knowledge.” Some of you laughed at his comment.

But — Mark does talk with several folks in the Dodger system and Dodger media system on a frequent basis. He does have knowledge to some things not in print, some future plans, and some current happening that we do not.

For the most part, he keeps what he should not share to himself. He does not want to belay trust that he has built over the years with those contacts. I know this to be true, because I have been involved in some of those discussions.

Thanks Mark for your careful concern of what to share and what to keep to yourself. We do not need red flags of stuff we should not be flagging on.

These are difficult times in the Dodger world. Tommy probably cannot sleep at night and has a hard time peeing (at his age). Vinny is probably heart broken, but does his job at the mic. The players are trying, but they know they have a weak team on the field.

Ned could not or did not properly address the left field and catching situation this past winter. And now with injuries, it shows.

Which one of the above posters is Lawdog and which is Ken? Mark can you trace the IP addresses? It would just be funny to know which one is which.

Thanks to this, My day is now going better. I’ve got dumbass underwriters worried about the way I described a neighborhood on one of my appraisal reports, a sick dog and now I have to worry about Marks inside info he claims to have? It never hurts to laugh a little I guess. There is just too many other things to worry about in this world guys. It’s worth a pat on the shoulder once in awhile to run this site out of your own pocket I’d think. If this was a paid service/site then there would be something to bitch about. But it’s not……………………

I too know that Mark has access, and have teased him about it over the years. I just don’t understand why this bit of news had to be considered highly classified. So McCourt is going to be declaring bankruptcy in an effort to stall the inevitable. I am not the least bit surprised by this.

The players aren’t profoundly gifted intellectually, but they aren’t stupid either. They know what up so I really doubt any of them would blame fans for a boycott. They get paid their $50,000 every night whether you show up or not. The fact that 36.6K are still showing up just tells me how devoted Dodger fans are. If McCourt was gone already, even with the current team on the field we would have 45K showing up in support.

This was hardly a deep team when ST started, and we all talked about how it would be OBP challenged. If Kemp, Loney and Ethier don’t all hit like All Stars, this will be at best a .500 team.

I’ll bet in their private moments everyone involved with the Dodgers hopes McCourt mans up and does the right thing.

I don’t think this is a game changer. Sounds to me from the article that this is something that MLB has considered. MLB did not go into this with their eyes closed, and nothing that Frank has done, nor nothing that we hear that he could do, is likely to deter MLB.

It appears to me that a sale to the highest bidder (which is in the best interest of baseball) would take care of all the creditors. And that’s something that Jamie would clearly support. In the end, I believe that MLB has been aware of the possibility of bankruptcy since day one, and that they have a plan to address it. Game changer? No. Game over? Just maybe.

I agree with that take Brooklyn. Though it would appear Mark thinks McCourt can win this, I can’t imagine McCourt outsmarting MLB. And it’s not just Selig and his team of lawyers, it is all the other owners and their lawyers too. I would very surprised if any of them didn’t want this trouble making scalawag gone.

17. youbetterthinkagain says:

Anewday, you miss the point entirely. What some of us are saying is, the idea of bankruptcy protection required no special knowledge, inside knowledge or fortune-teller knowledge, it only required common sense. I don’t think anyone should be praised or act “special” because they used common sense to reach an assessment of any particular situation. That is the point. Or let me put it in Mark’s special way, “even Ray Charles could see that bankruptcy was a viable option for McClown”.

Another point being made by some is whether McClown going to bankruptcy court will ultimately be successful for him retaining the team. That isn’t the point either, regardless of McClown winning or not, this thing will get severely delayed in whatever outcome is to be had. Thus the team and it’s fans will have more time to suffer and flounder in the W-L column.

Just curious, Mark, do you have any “inside knowledge” on the sun coming up tomorrow? Maybe just some common sense would render the answer I seek and you don’t have to “burn” any of your inside contacts. Still LMAO and now ROTF.

18. The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says:

A smarter, better connected and more informed person than I or anyone on this site, including the owner of this blog, has summed things up quite well on the bankruptcy issue..

I give you http://www.dodgerdivorce.com/

• Mark_Timmons says:

I am sorry, but he sounds like a law school student who really has no real world experience, but if he give you warm fuzzies, then dive in and enjoy it!

Enjoy your dreams – I am busy with reality!

• The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says:

Did you even read the article? from what I read.. he spent the majority of his day asking numerous lawyers better qualified about all this. I’m pretty sure he’s just reiterating the options the colleagues he works for potential options for McCourt and MLB in this McCourt fiasco. He doesn’t claim to be an expert. He actually says he isn’t. That’s why he went to ask people who know more about this than him. I think he sums it up pretty clearly, and considering his past stuff, he does a pretty good job of explaining it to those who don’t understand.

19. AnewBlueDay says:

Ah, YouBetterThinkAgain, I guess I have to draw you a better picture. Sorry you did not understand what I said earlier. My fault.

Mark said: “I know a little more about the inner workings.” He does. He has contacts, both in the Dodger front office and with some media folks. He gets some info we fans do not. Mark keeps those alive. He is working for us. This has taken several years of hard work and $$$ on his part. Give the guy credit.

Kemp finally hit a ball hard again. Now Lilly is coming apart. Bang-bang.

20. youbetterthinkagain says:

Timmons can’t take being called out, he likes to dish, he just can’t take it, funny stuff. What a punk!

21. DodgerDude says:

I think he can stand being called out. Just not by a mental midget.

22. AnewBlueDay says:

Take your pills . . . it getting late.

23. Jae says:

Mark, It is your fault that you attract idiots like Dusto, Bunny and the rest of the inbreeds. If you wrote better posts, they would not show their ignorance so much.

Tighten up!