Still Have Confidence in Bud?

You are delusional if you do!

Again, Bud shows why he is an idiot!

Don’t let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass!

I was called a punk yesterday.  Andrew Bynam is a punk!  The real punk is the guy who hides behind a fake name and calls me a punk!

47 Responses to “Still Have Confidence in Bud?”

What a mess. I never liked Bud either, but this is like a second rate back alley club fight. Love the “two lemons no waiting” line.

I still don’t think it makes a difference in the outcome. Frank is finished as an owner. He is trying to borrow more money to make payroll and is threatening to sue the Commissioner. He has MLB taking a chunk out of one butt cheek and Jamie devouring the other. Even if he does somehow survive this, how in the hell can he fund the Dodgers?

This is a freakin’ nightmare. Mark, I told you this was going to get really ugly and the Dodgers would suffer. NOW are you finally willing to admit McCourt is a disaster?

2. andre says:

No matter what, McCourt needs to go as soon as possible and the MLB takeover is the best way to do it

mark if you were a true dodger fan and wanted what was best for the franchise, its fans, and its players you would support the MLB effort to get rid of McCourt and find an owner without financial or personal problems. McCourt has lost the support of 95 percent of the fans.

3. RogerCraig says:

From what I read, Mark wants McCourt gone too, he just points out roadblocks in that process that most of you ignore.

4. the truth hurts says:

Who’s got the over/under on the dodgers scoring 2 runs tonight…..

I’ve got the under

5. Glass Was Half Full says:

Under 2

We are not “ignoring” the roadblocks Craig. I see them. I read every day what McCourt is up to. I have been following this closely since the divorce announcement. It just seems to me that Mark only wants to write about those things that give McCourt’s ownership a pulse. If he really wanted McCourt gone, he would support the moves being made to oust the rat. But, he doesn’t, instead focusing on what it is that McCourt has accomplished. I think he actually looks forward to another decade of McCourt ownership. When it comes to this McCourt disagreement, Mark is a right-fighter – that is someone who struggles to win the argument, even if they may doubt their own view. For glaringly obvious reasons, I just want the McCourt era to end. The sooner the better.

I think Bud is an ass. He was on the wrong side of the steroid issue, but he is on the right side of this. Fans need to support him. I don’t believe Mark does.

7. youbetterthinkagain says:

Ah the punk got his feelings hurt. You make a stupid, self-promoting blog, you are going to get blasted. You brought this on yourself by acting like a punk. You made it, you own it, punk!

If you want respect, act respectable, if you don’t want to be called a punk, don’t act like a punk.

As we used to always say, The truth hurts.

8. AnewBlueDay says:

Please stop, and go take those little pink pills. It’t time . . .

9. DodgerDude says:

I the you better is a woman!

10. GoNzO says:

I don’t see it as a big deal since MLB acted accordingly in remonving this guy within hours of finding out the conflict of interest. This is just a dead bug on the winshield. I agree with those who say McCourt is McGone.

11. youbetterthinkagain says:

Here’s the deal, if you aren’t a punk, you sure act like one and react like one. In my many years on this earth, I have observed a lot of people. My experience tells me, that when a junk is called out, they have a tendency to not do ANY introspection into what is being said to them. Instead, they lash out and go into a reactionary attack mode, never mind that they themselves started the whole mess with their actions. Their egos are so large that there isn’t any room in them for introspection. In their reactionary attack mode, they try to change the issue into being about the accuser (yeah me in this instance). This deflects the conversation into something that it never was, thus the punk can now use their energy, not for self-reflection but for making themselves feel better about themselves. The funny thing is, by doing this and trying to make themselves feel better, they actually feel worse and it is seen outwardly as anger. This has been on display in this particular instance. Here is the best part, in this instance, Mr. Timmons knows this is true and probably has had others in his life tell him the same things previously. So the truth really does hurt, devoting another blog to basically just address his accuser and say “I’m not a punk, you are” or something in that vain, not only exemplifies what I am talking about, but actually moves Mr. Timmons to be more accurately described as a “classless punk”.

If this post remains, I will be surprised, but I am addressing this blog very specifically.

This all started with you Mr. Timmons and you alone. IF you don’t like the message, don’t shoot the messenger. Did you ever think for a moment that I may be doing you a favor to get you to think and re-evaluate things and your ways. Put aside your ego, don’t react, it is time to reflect. The truth is liberating.

12. guest says:

(yeah me in this instance)-(youbetterthinkagain), We know Marks background and where he lives, so lets make this fair so you guys can have a level playing field. Real name and give us some background besides – In my many years on this earth, I have observed a lot of people.

13. True Dodger Talk says:

YBTA – I am sorry that the Dodger problem of 2004-2011 has put you over the edge. That you have come out of your place on this earth biting, clawing, and throwing screwballs in the dirt.

Focus on the Dodger problem. Mark has this place for all of us to give our input. Some of us are tired when someone comes into this particular family of fans, and thinks they know it all. All is only one’s opinion. Let it be. Let it be.

Mark supported McCourt as long as he could. I believe he would like to see a quick grab from McCourt, a month of bidding, and a sale. And get on with the Dodger tradition.

So Sorry, rebooted up above. (Guest)

I agree with TDT. In the skeem of things, this is only entertainment.

15. Corey says:

wow……I guess I don’t know why Mark would bother with the article, but you better think again has some serious problems.

16. Dusto says:

I agree, you’re a punk.

Why punk? My definition of a punk is a young inexperienced person who acts larger than he is. Mark is a lot of things, but punk isn’t one of them. Stubborn old goat would be more accurate.

Though I do think thinkagain raises some good points, I don’t agree with punk.

And I think Mark is also wrong about Bynum. He isn’t a punk. He made a mistake and apologized for it. People do things out of frustration and in the heat of the moment. The punk doesn’t feel sorry about his actions.

Mark, Perhaps if it wouldn’t be too much of an expense or hassle you should revamp your log-in system. Such as an app where you apply for an account that gets activated once the applicant responds to an email in their inbox.

My main thought is does anyone know how Roger Dodger is doing?

• Mark_Timmons says:

Michael,

I suggest you ask him. He posts as Rodger Dodger and AnewBlueDay. He\’s posted today. I think he\’s doing as well as Chemo allows him to do, but I\’ll let him speak for himself. I\’ll just say: \”Get well soon.\”

1) I never had confidence in Bud, Mark. I’ve felt he was an idiot for a long long time now!!

2) For those who want to call people names like “punk”, or whatever: it’s a pretty weak comeback to an argument/discussion when you need to resort to name calling instead of countering someone’s evidence with your own evidence.

Bottom line is that nobody on this board (probably with the exception of Willie Mays) wants McCourt to remain as owner. Whether he remains or not is an issue we can discuss/argue, but that doesn’t change the fact that if we all had our way, he’d be back eating clam chowder and rooting for his beloved celtics and redsox.

Plus, I’m guessing Selig, as stupid as he probably is, has intelligent lawyers and tax guys surrounding him, and along with every other MLB owner, who has their own lawyers/tax guys, will succeed in any case vs. mcCourt.

Michael, Roger Dodger is also known as AnewBlueDay (I believe) and is posting all the time. His typing sounds good.

I Looked the definition of the word:

punk (puŋk)

noun

Obsolete a prostitute

☆ Slang

catamite

a male homosexual

a young hoodlum

any person, esp. a youngster, regarded as inexperienced, insignificant, presumptuous, etc.

punk rock

a style, originating among fans of punk rock, characterized by motley clothes, oddly clipped hair, etc.

I’m so confused. Which punk am I?

Actually, my definition of a punk is someone who picks on someone who is incapable of fighting back in kind, and I guess that pretty much sums up my stand. I hope they are capable of understanding what I just said.

Evidently, they can’t stand the truth, or at least what I believe could be true.

The truth is that the McCourt Fiasco is a train-wreck, but I am not convinced that MLB will be able to oust him. When I say that, I am not saying I don’t want it to happen, I am just saying I don\’t share the optimism that some of you have in your belief that McCourt will have to sell the Dodgers.

I think it’s time to move on, but as I have always said “Frank is a junkyard dog.” Don’t count him out.

I am really sick of the saga, but I present the other side, which few have considered. I am not saying that Frank WILL keep the team, I am just saying that the possibility exists.

The main person who calls me a punk is just mad because a few months ago I predicted that Frank would get a new deal with FOX this year, and he hadn’t anticipated that. In fact, he was aghast that I suggested it. Dusto calls me a punk because he like to use 4-letter words.

\”Sticks and stones….\”

Frank is a junkyard dog all right – a mangy flea bitten mongrel that is turning the Dodgers into his own private junkyard. He has no business being the owner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. McCourt WILL have to sell the Dodgers if the fans speak out and say ENOUGH! I haven’t heard you do that Mark. It’s almost like you are rooting for this junkyard mutt. Stand up and be counted – let us all hear you say YOU have had enough of this cockroach – McCOURT MUST GO!!! Go ahead say it… it will be good for your soul.

In fairness to Selig, he too is a unctuous greaseball and an owners commish – but he is no idiot. He turned his back on steriods because he knew that era was making EVERYONE, including himself, a ton of dough, but then didn’t have the guts to tell the truth about it. He has increased revenue in MLB by over 400%. That IS his job. I just don’t like him because he allowed the use of steroids then stood by and admitted nothing while players were being thrown into the fire. He is just another chicken sh*t millionaire that wouldn’t piss on you if you were on fire. He could fall off the planet with McCourt and I wouldn’t miss him a bit.

23. youbetterthinkagain says:

Whatever, spin it how you like, but you know what I am telling you Timmons. YOu have only demonstrated exactly what I posted, post after post. When you are in a hole, quit digging!

Don’t get me wrong, I do like the inside information you provide. The point was your over the top bragging and self-promotion was and is disgusting and juvenile (as in a young man acting like a punk; hey you provided the definition and your young man bragging behavior seems to be fitting of the name assigned).

You can reflect or you can ignore, your choice and your life. I just won’t sit back and take it like you are some great deliverer of revelation, when it is pretty common sense.

So give us insights and inside info, just knock off the your own bandwagon.

That’s better. A civilized insult. “Disgusting and juvenile”.

That’s better than punk. I guess.

I like stubborn old goat. And, you notice Mark presented no argument to that.

Thanks for asking folks.

I am in my 3rd week of CHEMO. Each Friday I go to the VA Hospital, Chemo Ward, and 1) take 10 little green pills. 2) they strap a needle to my under, forearm and give me several minutes of saline drops then a surge of 5 second of Chemo followed by several minutes of saline drops. 3) later in the day, 3 pm, in-between meals, I take 10 larger blue pills. All three doses are chemo.

All of this is followed by drinking 3 to 4 quarts of liquids for the next 48 hours. Have to flush out the chemo and bad stuff. Body will then build up with 5 to 8 pounds of extra weight. Tried on Sunday-Monday, a nap or two helps. Then by Tues-Thur kind of back to normal. Then on Friday, start over at the VA Hospital.

Cost? I asked last week; about $1,000 a week and most of it is the 5 second of injection surge for 5 seconds. The pills are basically cheap.

How long? They are saying about 5 to 6 months. No hair loss. Upset stomach a bit (very little so far) on Sat-Sun so they gave me pills for that.

What I do notice is increased appetite for spicy foods. Chili, Mexican, hot, Italian, etc. And one of my doctors said, never reject your food urges.

Illness: Amyloidosis. Amyloid = protein. If one does nothing, death within 18 months. It will shut down kidneys and other body organs. What I am taking is only 5 years old in the process of this disease. 7 years ago when diagnosed the first time, I had a Stem Cell Transplant (my own) and massive chemo. Then kidney’s shut down for three months and was on dialysis for that time. Then started to get better and better and better until Feb of this year and had to be tested with this as the best option.

That is the medical report for now . . . Thanks for you well wishes.

• Michael says:

I didn’t realize that you had an alias Roger but it is indeed good news to hear that things are going as well as could be expected. Keep on keeping on

Just Roger’s situation along should make everyone in here just post your opinions and debate your point of view in a civilized manner. Life is too short for name calling and negative babble. Besides, where else are you going to read the unpopular view points about the Dodgers besides here? Mark is the only one willing to show the unpopular side of it. Getting out of here is just a click away guys. Dodger fans only want to hear about replacing McCourt and finding someone that can afford the team myself included. However it never hurts to hear about the other side. I have switched my view point over to supporting Badgers boycott of the team in recent weeks. I already have tickets for next Tuesdays game against the Brewers and will not purchase any more tickets until this mess gets resolved. Glad to hear your on the track to recovery Roger….. Peace

Wow. Sorry to hear all that Roger. Obviously we hope this works and we will see you around here for the next decade. As you know, Mark predicts McCourt will be here that long. Doh!

I hope the cost of this is being picked up by MediCare… or do you have an insurance company that is actually helping out? If Ryan gets his way…….. but he won’t. Too many senior citizens left out there.

I am not so bad once you get to know me Glass. Say, I notice your glass USED to be half full and now…. not so much, hey? BTW, I really don’t mind people disagreeing, it’s kind of what this place is for. Not everyone is going to see things the same way. But, I am happy to hear you think I make SOME sense. We are all Dodger fans, and sometimes we forget that.

And Badger, can’t we go with stubborn middle aged goat? I’m only a few years younger then Mark. If you insist on old I can’t throw my support your way.

• Heck…..I know I’m older than Billy and Mark!….Anyway I have no intention of driving into LA and spenidng my hard earned $$$..This is not a reflection on any player or the team but the ownership. I never thought anything could be worse than Fox’s ownership….WRONG……I am directing my focus on the Quakes who are only a mile from the house……

Badger, you know the system, VA Hospital. Fees? Cost? I am a Vet like you. They take great care of me. I trust my life to those folks. They are working with the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale on treatment.

That’s right Roger… I forgot. The VA system is probably the best care out there. I know I am grateful for it.

OK, middle aged goat it is. Though, I would think a goat that was 50+ would be considered rather old.

Good choice Bill. From Fox to McCourt, with Fox funding the sale, and now trying to benefit from the mismanagement of the team. The whole thing stinks like a fetid begonia.

I wonder if fans flooded the commish’s office with letters it would help? Who knows, maybe that has already happened. And seeing attendance drop will get everyone’s attention. A healthy Los Angeles Dodgers lifts all ML boats.

I’m having a bad day (actually a bad week). Been having some lower back problems, and spent this morning at the doctor and will be headed out soon for an MRI. Consequently, I just scanned what’s above, and if there’s any new McCourt stuff today, I haven’t read it yet. With that said I offer the following:

Mistakes have been made by both sides, and none, in my opinion, which have been fatal. MLB made a mistake in appointing Dick Freeman without properly vetting him. He’s been pulled, and I doubt if the damage is huge. And McCourt was forced to apologize for the inane remarks (and outright lies) made by his Vice Chairman, Steve Soboroff. Imperfection exists on both sides, and I imagine that both sides have learned something from it.

Mark, I have only one objection to your remarks. And that objection has nothing to do with whether or not I agree with them. I simply wish that you would be a bit more civil, and stop referring to people with views different than your own as being “delusional”. It’s OK to think it, but simply more civil to keep such thoughts to yourself. And by the way, I also object to other posters that make defamatory remarks about you. It’s OK for Badger to call you a “stubborn old goat” and for Bill to refer to you as a “middle aged goat”, because those remarks are offered in obvious jest, and in good taste. It’s the other more venomous remarks that I find in bad taste.

• Mark Timmons says:

Sorry to hear about your back problems. They tried to give me an MRI once. I was in there for about 5 seconds when I totally freaked out! Can’t do it unless they knock me out.

Badger,

I think I have stated that I wish the McCourt Fiasco would be over… like now! I just don\’t think it will happen like everyone wants. Let me give you a scenario that seems outlandish, but could happen:

Frank files bankruptcy. Jamie agrees to side with Frank and they agree on a payout. The bankruptcy court rules against MLB and orders FOX to do the deal. Frank gets $275 mil or whatever it is upfront and knowing he has to win the fans back goes after Pujols or Fielder, get a 3B and beefs up the team. The Dodgers go on a winning streak and the fans come back. You know they would.

There\’s a lot of crazy stuff to still happen, but you never know. I just wish it were over NOW, but I can\’t control that.

Youbetterthinkagain\’s remarks are so far off base that I won\’t respond. He\’s wrong on nearly every level, but he\’s entitled to his opinion. People who know me know better, but he\’s smarter than them all, I guess.

Brooklyn,

A lot of what I say is for effect. I also call myself a stupid moron frequently, but you need to go back and read some of the stuff other people say to me when they disagree.

I am only delusional half the time!

32. youbetterthinkagain says:

Get well Roger! Your spirit is inspirational. Hang in there and I wish and pray for your SPEEDY RECOVERY, God Bless you and your family!

One problem with your scenario…. that money would not go to pay players, it would go to service debt and buy new limos. If McRoach gets any money, you know Vinnie and Guido will come forth and demand payment. This is a man that will ALWAYS be in debt. It’s how he operates. It’s who he is.

A view was offered today at Dodger Divorce I thought was a good one. Jamie should have let the MPA go unchallenged and settled for the properties and enough alimony to live life the way she wants to – as a pampered princess. She leaves the Dodgers, and the Dodger debt load to McDummie and all of this happens without her sitting and waiting.

Will these two ever “come together”? Doubt it.

Sorry to hear about your back problems Brooklyn. Hope it checks out.

Mark,

I imagine you probably get claustrophobic when they slide you into the tube. Well so do. I solve the problem by simply closing my eyes and not opening them until it’s all over. Because it works for me doesn’t mean it will work for you, but you never know (unless you’ve already tried it).

Badger,

None of my remarks were critical of you. You definitely make your point strongly, but there’s nothing objectionable that I’ve ever picked up. There are probably others than disagree, but that’s their prerogative.

Actually you’re doing OK. Wish I was delusional ONLY half the time.

I never felt attacked by you Brooklyn. We have disagreed a couple of times, but not often. I think you present your points well. I still think you should be a writer on this blog.

Mark and I have been around and around many times over the years, and not just about baseball. But he knows he is welcome at my campfire anytime.

I got back issues too. I have DDD in C-4-6 (from age, head on tackles in college and a few concussions in Vietnam). And I broke the spinus process on C-7 in a diving accident in ’88. I get severe headaches and pain radiating through my shoulders and my thoracic goes out all the time. Back pain is serious business. I take VA pain meds when it gets bad. I feel your pain. Again, I hope it checks out. Getting old ain’t for sissies.

Speakin’ of getting old, the Celts, the Spurs and the Lakers are done. It’s a new generation. I wonder if we will have another surprise champ in MLB? How about Cleveland? They could use some good news. I remember driving through there in ’72. You could smell the place 50 miles out. I hear it’s better now.