Right About Now…

• The Dodger hitters could jump out of a boat in the middle of the ocean and not hit water.
  • Jeff Pentand should be really nervous about his employment.  I mean, he’s been hitting coach during the two most miserable part-seasons I can remember.
  • James Loney looks as lost and confused as any hitter I have seen in a while.
  • Hong chih Kuo is suffering anxiety disorder from not knowing if he will get paid on May 31st.
  • John Garland is pitching like a #3 at times and a #5 at times.  I guess that’s OK!
  • Ted Lilly is pitching like Jamie Moyer.
  • Josh Lindblom is looking for an apartment in LA… OK maybe a hotel.
  • RDLR is learning that perfecting a new pitch makes you look really bad at times.
  • IDJ2 knows he’s not “all that.”
  • Matt MacDougal has surpassed about anything I thought he could do.
  • Jamey Carroll is as good as anyone on the team.
  • Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier are each hitting a very quiet .3oo+.
  • With half of the infield and their two closers from last season on the DL, the Dodgers should be thankful that no one in the West is running away from the pack.
  • Juan Uribe wishes you could walk off the island.
  • I’m surprised at how good the defense has been.
  • This team can contend if everyone can get healthy and play up to their level… especially if Jeff Pentland takes a hike.
  • If you call someone a jerk, you probably should be staring at that guy in the mirror.  I’m just sayin’…

8 Responses to “Right About Now…”

All of what you say is true.

It’s just that kind of year. Every organization has them.

No one is running away with the West, but at least two teams are better than the Dodgers, and there are others in the league that are better too. This is not even close to be being a play-off worthy team, both in the way they play, and they way they are built. As you know, it’s no surprise to me, but it is still sad to see this whole drama unfold. Not good times for Dodger fans.

2. youbetterthinkagain says:

This team is really somewhere south of being called entertainment and north of being called an inspired team. They really have become unwatchable.

If someone calls you out as a punk, then there is probably a reason for it. I’m just sayin’…

3. Mark Timmons says:

I’m Starting With The Man In The Mirror

I’m Asking Him To Change His Ways

And No Message Could Have Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World A Better Place

Take A Look At Yourself, And Then Make A Change

4. youbetterthinkagain says:

I’m glad you are taking being called out to heart. Now show us all you mean it!

Have it your way – this is Burger King!

6. SpokaneBob says:

This sure would look to be a TRANSITION YEAR! As soon as Furcal and Blake come back and get reinjured, I would go with Badger’s sugestion that we play the kids and see what happens. De Jesus, Sands, Robinson and Gordon couldn’t be much more boring that what we put on the field currently.

7. SpokaneBob says:

BTW Mark, I don’t think they will DFA Gwynn. Gwynn has contributed way more than Gibbons. I think and hope that he goes…..I just don’t like him.

8. youbetterthinkagain says:

As I suspected, you aren’t starting with the man in the mirror, you have chosen to start with the guy who called out your ridiculous behavior. If we could only see ourselves as others see us. You just don’t have the capacity, pretty sad. Wake up and come to the party, dude! Heed your own advice.