How Do You Like Me Now?

Probably not much, but that’s OK by me.  I wasn’t ready to throw in the towel.  I still think there’s a lot of talent on this team.  I told

Photo by Roger Sobin (Roger Dodger)

you McCourt wouldn’t go easily and he won’t!  This team can contend for the West Title and with all the arms on this staff, if everyone is healthy, you just never know.

You never know!

Look at the ball that Kemp hit in the picture RogerDodger took in Houston last week.  Nice Job, Roger!

Peace Out!

10 Responses to “How Do You Like Me Now?”

1. Gonzo says:

I think that the recent suces cana be attributed to the teams that we have been playing Mark. BOTH Chi-town teams, PIT, HOU, MIL, FLA & NY don’t necceseraly strike fear into opponents. We get the ROX soon and we’ll see how we play against a well rounded team.

The fact that McCourt is proud to have made payroll is embarasisng. Payroll should be a non-issue for any business owner. Many people I know that own businesses always keep contingency funds just in case Shite happens. It’s about to strike twelve.

“I told you McCourt wouldn’t go easily and he won’t!”

Nobody ever said he would go easily. What’s the point?

MLB is currently in the process of investigating the Dodgers from head to toe. They said they wouldn’t do anything until the investigation was finished. We don’t know what they’re looking at and we don’t know what they’ve already found, and will find by the time the investigation has run its course.

3. youbetterthinkagain says:

Ah Mark, blogged like a guy with a bruised back and broken shoulders. Wow, you have the amazing ability to state the obvious and then brag about it. Way to go, Mr. Insider.

4. Corey says:

I think you’ve got to believe that if they are truly examining everything they will find a whole lot of misappropriation of funds over the last several years. That along with all the turnover of the staff is certainly a major red flag. And if they aren’t finding the documents or financial records reference the past discretions then that would also be troubling to mlb. MLB will be seizing this team soon, just not soon enough for most fans. It does make you wonder where he “borrowed” the money from to make this payroll though.

5. SpokaneBob says:

No towel throwing yet, although I don’t think we are likly to make the post season as the team is currently structured. But this is baseball and anything can happen.

What I am hoping for this year is to resolve the ownership situation and see some of our young kids establish themselves as major leaguers. I think Sands is here to stay. I hope De La Rosa, Lindblom, Guerra and Elbert can prove themselves and provide some options. I look forward to seeing Gordon, De Jesus and Robinson get some playing time.

Except for the last 2 games, this team is boring to watch. That may have something to do with having to watch Miles hit. Speaking of Miles, if you watch his at bats and his manner at the plate you would think he was Babe Ruth. If you put his ego in Adam Dunn’s body you might have somthing, but he would probable just keep hitting texas leaguers and pop flies.

Corey is right. And I agree with Brooklyn, nobody said he would go easily. In fact, all of us knew the guy would be as tough to eradicate as a cockroach. He still has to to go and everyone but him knows it.

5-5 in the last 10 and a two in a row is now an exciting streak. Tells you how far this team has fallen.

Sure, this team could win the West. The gints loss of Posey will be hard for them to cover. The Rockies are a hot and cold team and is Arizona for real? The West could be had with 88 wins, but I still say 90+ is needed and I don’t see this team with 90 wins. Anybody want to put 500 push-ups on it?

And the Wild Card won’t come out of the West this year.

“If the Diamondbacks become buyers.” I can tell you because I live here, there is some genuine excitement about the dbacks right now.

7. The Bunny Rabbit inside Broxton's Soul says: