Lopes was a Ghost and the Dodgers were toast

Lopes was a Ghost and the Dodgers were toast

It’s all Davey Lopes fault.  See what happens when he’s gone.  He had a death in the family and had to leave the team.

Something to divert your attention

In the past 30 years, the Dodgers have a perfect winning  record with him, but have lost thousands of games without him.

There you go.  That’s all you need to know about the game, other than the fact that while Kenley Jansen gave up some runs, he wasn’t “lit up.”

Don’t panic yet.

The Dodgers can win tonight and still be outscored in the series while taking 3 out of 4 games from the Giants.

7 Responses to “Lopes was a Ghost and the Dodgers were toast”

1. bluetrain says:

needed this after game last night :) Twas a sad affair that unfortunatly highlighted our lack of depth.

Maybe IDJ2 should consider another number.

Actually, although he’s off to a rough start, and will probably be sent to ALBQ. when Casey Blake comes back, I wouldn’t give up hope. Case in point is Dustin Pedroia, who got off to a horrific start in 2007, and then went on to become ROY. His splits were as follows:

And he also hit under .200 in 89 ABs in 2006.

Break is over. Dodgers showing some come backness tonight so far. Spreading out the hits. Good.

brox still scaring the hell out of me.

oh well, makes it more interesting i guess

3 out of 4 is the second best outcome to start the year. Still not convinced J-Brox will last thur the year as closer but from what I can see we have no other choose. Kuo wasn’t throwing strikes and Jensen looked pretty green, Guerrier walked two and couldn’t find the strike zone. Not sure what Mattingly can do there. J-Brox just makes the end of the game almost unwatchable for me. I sure hope J-Brox can find his rhythm as he was showing flashes of early 2010 on Friday. He’s got 3 saves and in line for an Allstar appearance already this year if you can believe that. I like what I’m seeing from the team as far as base running and hussle. Uribe’s defensive play at 3rd makes me miss Casey Blake. Uribe also has an ackward swing, he swings from the heels and looks off balance at the plate. If he hits 25 dingers I guess it doesn’t matter.
    Speaking of bad defense, how about them Giants? They looked pretty rusty and I’m glad Huff isn’t playing the outfield for us. Huff reminded me of watching my dog circling around 3 times before laying down on Thames fly ball and his dive for Carrols ball was pretty ugly. Someone chalked his outline on the grass before todays game. Pretty funny.

Well lets see what Mark has to say about J-Brox and the whole relief staff. They were suppost to be our straight this year. It’s still early. Go Blue

Spell check