Hey, I read here every day, but today I thought I’d weigh in with my opinion.
- Chad Billingsley is disappointing. His proclivity to blow leads is troubling. It appears to me that he’s throwing, not pitching. I think he’ll turn it around, but I feel better about Lilly than I do about C-Bill right about now.
- James Loney will hit – It may be May, however.
- I think that Sands and De La Rosa will both be starters by June.
- Don Mattingly evidently doesn’t like IDJ2 – I’m just sayin’
- Juan Uribe will look really bad and really good alternating between both for the rest of the season.
- Look, this team has potential, but there are times when you have to make painful changes in order to get better and move to the next level. Two players I believe the Dodgers need to move are James Loney and Jon Broxton. You know I have always ragged on Jon Broxton, but for the uninitiated, here are a few things said nearly 3 years ago:
The Key Is To Score So Many Runs Even Broxton Can’t Blow It!
It could have been a happy ending if only Jon Broxton didn’t continue to give games away. He saves less than half his games (14 for 31) and cannot be counted on to close the deal. I’m OK with him as a setup man, but I still believe he will never be a reliable closer.
I still say that – I haven’t wavered. I only wonder if he has any trade value. He has 5 saves this year, but he has been lucky, not dominant. Even Ray Charles can see that.
Even though the Mets are 4-6, they have to be considered to be in a rebuilding mode. I think that they are logical trade partners with the Dodgers.
I want three players on the Mets: Carlos Beltran, Jose Reyes and David Wright and I purpose a blockbuster deal for them. Quit laughing! Here’s how it can happen (bear with me):
- Quit laughing, right now!
- Frank goes to Bud and says “I have a $4 billion dollar deal with FOX which will pay me $300,000,000 a year the first five years. After that it, drops to $166, 000,000.00 per year for the next 15 years.”
- He goes on to say that “I will pay Jamie $50 million a year for the first 5 years and then $10 million a year for the next 15 years.”
- To show good faith he further says: “I have a deal, pending your approval, by which we will trade Jon Broxton, James Loney, Casey Blake, Dee Gordon, Chris Withrow, Allen Webster, Pedro Baez, Tony Gwynn, Trayvon Robinson, Ethan Martin and Ivan DeJesus to the Mets for David Wright, Jose, Reyes and Carlos Beltran. That means I am taking on $42.5 million in salary while only dumping about $20 million. How can you say no to that?”
OK, I don’t mean that all those players should be in the deal, but I do think the Mets should have their pick of several players not named Sands or De La Rosa! The Mets need salary relief and this provides it. They could in turn, spin Brox, Loney and Blake to contenders and save another $20 mil, while garnering more prospect to rebuild. That might save the team.
- Jose Reyes SS
- David Wright 3B
- Andre Ethier RF
- Matt Kemp CF
- Carlos Beltran LF
- Jerry Sands 1B
- Juan Uribe 2B
- Rod Barajas C
Beltran and Reyes’ contracts are up after this year and Reyes could be re-signed, not Beltran. Hey – it’s just an idea…
If Frank wants to get Bud to agree to a new TV deal, he’s got to show Bud that he will put some big money back into the team. What better way to do that. OK, I admit that is wild conjecture, but it has merit…
On 3/26/11 I wrote:
Ron Mahay is gone – probably to peddle his service to the D-Backs since he lives there.
Well, that’s where he ended up. He lives in Phoenix, so it made sense.
OK, tonight the Dodgers need a hero.
1. Gwynn, LF
2. Blake, 3B
3. Ethier, RF
4. Kemp, CF
5. Loney, 1B
6. Uribe, 2B
7. Barajas, C
8. Carroll, SS
9. Garland, P
IDJ2 Continues to rot on the bench!