Posted on 04 April 2011.
The bottom-line is that the Dodgers took 3 out of 4 games from the reigning World Champs!
Rants and Raves:
- Raffy looks healthy and if he is all season, he’s a difference-maker.
- Kuroda wasn’t perfect, but if he can [pitch like that all year, I’ll take it.
- The lack of power again is troubling.
- Casey Blake was in the dugout last night, so I would expect to see him in the lineup sometime in Colorado, probably Wednesday, which is the first day he is eligible to come back.
- IDJ2 will be headed back to AAA, but I still think he’s gonna’ be a player.
- Kuo, Jansen and Guerrier may not yet have their rhythm – give it a little time.
- Broxton worries me. He has 3 saves, but his ERA is 6.00 and last night, he again had that “deer-in-the headlights” look. The ESPN announcers talked about the possibility that Broxton has not been right since Matt Stairs jacked him in the 2008 Series. What baseball people say behind the scenes is worse than that. I wish that I could eat some crow on this one, but so far, I am afraid I’m dead-on. J-Brox scares the heck out of me.
- Andre Ethier is a concern. Sure he’s hitting .333, but he’s back to being “Mr. Softee” – the hits he has gotten have not been in the clutch. When faced with getting a clutch hit, he has not delivered. Other than a few dramatic walk-offs a while back, Andre’s late and close stats are not that good. I know, I know, the season is young. I’m just sayin’…
- The lineup will be much better with Blake at 3B and Uribe at 2B.
- I am convinced that Ned will acquire another hitter this season.
- The Giants defense is really bad. Aubrey Huff can’t play anywhere except 1B, and it doesn’t look like Belt is going anywhere. The rest of their outfield is suspect and Tejada’s prowess at SS was over years ago. This team is awful defensively.
- I would bat Matt Kemp in the #3 spot. That’s just me, but I like his speed there.
- Padilla and Garland appear to be close to being activated. Who will go? MacDougal and either Ellis or Giminez would be most likely to go.
- There are rumblings that Fox and the Dodgers may agree on an extension of the TV contract. Where did you hear that first? Hummmmmm….