A Different Direction

A Different Direction

We all have different seasons in our lives – some good, some joyous, some bad, some tough.

Presently, I am in the best season of my life.

Me and the Boss!

I am in a very good place and life is better than good.

This blog is not my livelihood.  I have never made a penny from it.   I run US Water Systems, Inc. and we are one of the few business that has prospered the past several years.  Due to our unbelievable growth and a desire to spend more time with my family, I am going to cut way back in my involvement with LAdodgerTalk.com.

Our kids are 31, 30, 27, 24 and 11.  We have three grandchildren,and family comes first.  I also have my wife’s niece moving back to Indy from Phoenix.  Her husband worked for me for 4 years and is now coming back to run our sales operation.  That will be a big help.  Come on up, Travis!

My wife is a saint – she must be to be married to me, and I want to spend early mornings on the deck sipping coffee with her rather than writing about baseball to you knuckleheads (joke).  After all, I’m really not a writer anyway.

I am not going away totally (although some of you wish I would), but I am leaving you in the capable hands of Jared Massey.  He will do it all.  I’ll drop in from time-to-time and comment and even post, especially after Dodger games I attend.  I plan to be in Chicago in a few weeks.

It’s a big burden to post EVERY day.  I’m done with that.  I do have high hopes for the Dodgers this year and this is not Goodbye, it’s just “so long until the next time.”

Jared will be a big upgrade over me anyway!

15 Responses to “A Different Direction”

1. Jim D says:

Thanks for all you do Mark. What a wonderful, large, beautiful family you must have – the way God intended. As always, we thank you for this blog, and look forward to your writings. Good luck my friend & God’s peace !

2. Lindsay says:

take care Mark….

3. Butch says:

Really appreciate the Minor Lg capsuls and the Box Scores. Thanks!
    Butch

Thanks for this outlet Mark. It has been a great outlet and learning center for us fellow fans.

God speed with the business and especially the family!

Would you finish your book already?! I have been waiting to read the book before the movie is made :)

All the best!

5. Anonymous says:

I’ve heard this one before!

Mark, thanks for the forum. There is no place like it. You have earned a well deserved break. Hopefully these Bums will give you rise,recharge your batteries and help end your self-imposed exile.

I’ve retired more times than Brett Favre and hope to see you back sooner than later

peAce

7. the truth hurts says:

thanks mark!

p.s. russell martin leaves the blue and is playing like the best catcher in baseball, who would have thought?

8. “…family comes first.”

Truer words were never spoken. Good luck.

9. Idaho al says:

Mark, thanks for a wonderful job. Family does come first. Do not quit working unless you are really ready for retirement. I quit at 57 and then went back to work 5 more years. If I could find a part-time job I would.

We will miss you, but good luck on doing what you really want to do.

10. ray guilfoyle says:

Mark,

I am disappointed to see you leave, but understand where you are coming from. I have a wife and two young kids, work full-time, and manage a blog myself, and let me tell you, it is not easy.
    I write two articles almost everyday at my blog, and it takes time. I love baseball and watch alot of games on tv, so I usually do my writing when the kids are in bed.
    I wish you much more success in your company and much love and happiness with your family.
    You will be missed.
    Keep on keeping it real.

Ray

11. Anonymous says:

Thanks for the site and enjoy the break. Keep it going strong Jared.

Well Mark you told me this was probably going to happen at Camelback but I still didn’t believe you. Now that your going public with the news I’m starting to believe.

Thanks for the years of hard work and giving us all the playground to entertain ourselfs during each day. You may not be the worlds greatest writer but you always made things entertaining. Thanks for everything and I’m sure even Lawdog & Ken gives you thanks secretly in their own type of way.

Now will Jared purpose the same kind of trades that we all laughed about? Jared seems like the type of guy that will stick to the facts and continue on with this into his future and not rock the boat with crazy trade discussions. Well we’ll just have to loosen him up. ROCK ON

see mark, this is why i stay single!!!

thanks for this site though man; we all love it, and it’s great getting some real information from here. we’ll see you soon!

Good luck Mark. I can relate, since personal and business commitments make it difficult for me to find time to post. Luckily I haven’t been committed to doing it as often as you. No way I could do that. Lately I’ve even had a hard time keeping up with Dodger news.

Again, best of luck. And I look forward to reading your less frequent posts.

15. Dave says:

Wow! I can’t believe your life story. I finally googled you and found mountainmovers. I recall last year you blogging something about having spent time in prison on a false conviction. I had no idea the severity of your situation.

I thought Bill Bartmann had it bad, but he never spent time in prison. BTW, check out Bill Bartmann if you don’t know his life story (former billionaire screwed by the feds, lost it all, now on the comeback, etc.)

You inspire me. When I find myself wallowed in self-pity as I lick my financial wounds, I’ll think of you for proper perspective.

I’ll miss your daily blogs. This is hands down my favorite Dodger blog site. Best regards and may God continue to bless you and your family.