No other word comes to mind when trying to describe the current state of the Dodgers. The only good thing is that Frank McCourt got his loan so that he could meet payroll. Maybe that will make the boys in blue more relaxed. It was a “back-door loan” in that Bud would not approve a loan to the Dodgers, so FOX gave it to McCourt personally. Bud is evidently sitting on a request for FOX to renew the Dodgers agreement with a rich new one which will enable Frank to pay Jamie and keep the Dodgers competitive.
This teams fortunes could change overnight, but right now, here’s what I see:
- Uribe and Loney are hitting .300 – COMBINED! That won’t work!
- There is a lot of good stuff happening in the minor league system and I still see mid-season call-ups for Sands and RDLR.
- The pitching is a shambles.
- I am not high on Dee Gordon – he can go either way in my opinion… If I could include him in a deal for Reyes, I would!
- Ramon Troncoso may have looked good at AAA, but he looks the same at Dodger Stadium – like an arsonist!
- Raffy did what we all feared. I have no expectations.
- Casey Blake and Jamey Carroll have been what I thought they were.
- No one has stepped up in LF (could Jay Gibbons be next?)
- Rod Barajas – he is what he is and has been and will be – he needs more hitters in a lineup he is part of.
- I like Aaron Miles – I really do, but he can’t be on this team. We have too many guys like him (i.e., non-hitters).
Conclusion: The Dodgers have hit rock-bottom. I look for a reversal of fortunes… SOON! It’s always the darkest right before the dawn.
This is C-Bill’s time for redemption. Get on that white horse and rescue your teammates, Chad!
Former Dodgers Updates
- Carlos Santana is doing a James Loney imitation and hitting .191. I always told you not to drink the Kool-Aid. He may be fine… or not.
- James McDonald has a 7.47 ERA for the Pirates
- Andrew Lambo has established his reputation as a hard-head and is hitting .206 with 12 K’s in 34 AB’s in Indy (Pirates AAA affiliate).
- Andy LaRoche is hitting .259 for Oakland and has played 6 games at SS.
- Josh Bell is hitting .235 with 13 K’s in 34 AB’s for Norfolk (AAA).
P.S. Look for Big News about the Dodgers financial condition later this week, and that’s my daily garbage!