Jamie Should Have Settled Sooner

because there might be nothing left.

I was just interviewed on CBS Radio.

Here’s what I said:

DodgerTalk

Click the Above Link to Listen

37 Responses to “Jamie Should Have Settled Sooner”

1. WillieMays says:

You sound like you have a face for radio.

• Michael says:

I too think Mark has a very nice radio voice. If you would have been paying attention you would have noticed this in the Logan White interviews.

I was hoping this was going to be the big financial news that you predicted in your “A train wreck is what it is” a mere 3 days ago.

What are the powerball numbers tonight?

3. Glass Half Full says:

Not sure what’s worse….Frank McCourt or Bud Selig…..Anyway you are right Mark…it is going to be real interesting……The Texas Rangers came out the other side of a bleak financial situation looking pretty good…..let’s hope for the same…..

4. RogerCraig says:

Mark, you were right and the guy who accused you of writing garbage is still full of something!

It’s funny hearing that Mark is the #1 fan’s voice of what will be said in the stadium tonight. Doesn’t KNX radio know you live in Indy?
    Anyway Mark, great job putting it out there on the radio for all of us bloggers in here trying to make sense out of this mess.

Hey Chief — nice interview.

That picture of Jamie above — thirty years ago I hear she was a hot chick, but no so now.

I know some of the writers will stand in line too — or are already writing about — the entire McCourt/Dodger experience. It will most likely be about 630 pages plus index, with several sets of photos. Also available to down load to your favorite media device to read in airports, offices, etc.

How about some new T-shirts with the McCourt saga in visual and a few words.

I agree with Fay Vincent, a sad day for the Dodgers and Bud. Now we are hearing of lawsuits if baseball tries to sell the club.

Say, those KC Royals are looking pretty good this season, and their uniforms are kind of like the Dodgers.

Even Silly Willie is throwing you some support.

I just noticed on the Dodger web site, the promo for the S.D. series shows them leading with Health Bell as the Padre hero. Quick, who else do you put? Kind of a nameless team, play identification wise.

Jamie McCourt has a face that only a Limo Driver could love.

Sounds like good news to me. Hopefully this thing will play out over the next several months and not drag on forever. I doubt if MLB took this action without considering every contingency, every angle. More than likely it’s been in the works in one form or another for quite a while. Maybe they have a lot on Frank (and maybe even Jamie), and perhaps this will be more than just about the ownership of the Dodgers. Frankly (no pun intended), I don’t have a clue. Just hoping for the best (i.e., the best for Dodger fans, NOT Frank and Jamie).

“Dodger Fan in Chief”. I never knew (SMILE).

Among other things, this is something that the Commissioner probably has included on his laundry list of items to use against Frank.

12. Mark Timmons says:

Brooklyn,

They made that up (Dodger Fan in Chief).

They called my cell phone and I was probably the only one who answered.

13. Mark Timmons says:

Frank was probably notified yesterday which is why he appointed a new Vice-Chairman to refute the financials.

In a battle of wits between Bud and McCourt, Bud loses, but this is much more than that.

As I said, it will be interesting.

14. Jae says:

I wonder if Eric Stephen still thinks you write garbage? All the guys over there just jack each other off…

15. Anonymous says:

Here’s a chunk of Heyman’s (SI writer) article about this mess. Interesting indeed. Be nice if Frank would just say goodbye tomorrow…

Meanwhile, there is reason to believe there’d be a strong lineup of potential buyers for the Dodgers. Few names of prospective buyers have surfaced, but a prominent one is said to be Jason Reese, the chairman of Imperial Capital, an investment banking firm located in Century City, Calif. Reese’s name has been connected to the Mets, but he isn’t one of a select few willing to come to the Mets as a minority partner, as the club-owning Wilpons currently seek. Reese is well-heeled and well-respected and would have to be considered a major upgrade over McCourt. But at this point, it’s hard to name someone with money who wouldn’t.

Between the publicity surrounding a stormy seven-year reign as owner and a divorce trial that exposed many more embarrassing details, there isn’t much to recommend McCourt keeping the team. At this point, we know he was overleveraged from the start, used Dodger money to fund a lavish lifestyle, utilized extensive tax loopholes, employed overt nepotism (their son Drew was paid a several-hundred-thousand dollar salary although his presence around the Dodgers seemed minimal), fostered incredible instability in the front office by constantly hiring and firing public relations people and other top executives and paid their buddy Howard Suskin one-fourth the entire budget of a charitable organization. The most serious error, though, at present must be considered the ongoing security issue. When Giants fan Bryan Stow was beaten to a pulp at Dodger Stadium (Stow remains in critical condition with brain damage) on March 31, McCourt employed no head of security.

McCourt is currently hanging on by one manicured fingernail. He was momentarily bailed out by his friends at Fox, who gave him a $30 million personal loan so he could make the April 15 payroll, as first reported by the Los Angeles Times. That loan is said to have been secured via a promise of settlement monies from the lawsuit against his former lawyers. The powers at MLB, a longtime partner of Fox, are said to believe the network’s loan to McCourt was foolhardy in light of his many debts.

McCourt, who also took a $25 million loan last September to meet operating costs, has run out of money, he’s almost out of friends in high places, and he will soon run out of time

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jon_heyman/04/20/dodgers.mccourt/index.html#ixzz1K70BdJLH

16. Jae says:

But what does that really say? Nothing! Our boy here predicted something would happen THIS week and it did!

Seems like Dodger fans will and are pulling together to get Frank out. Baseball and Dodger fans needs to put this behind all of us.

I agree with someone above (or on the Scout Dodger board) that the Commissioner’s Office has looked at most of the possibilities that might occur. From lawsuits, to cash flow, to new ownership, etc. Bud did not just wake up this morning and say to himself, “I think I will give Frank a hard time today.”

This has been in the works for some time. I bet that also the Dodger players want to see the team sold and get back to being a real baseball team.

• Mark Timmons says:

I’m sure Bud has considered every possibility that he knows, but Frank is a “junkyard dog.”

Frank will fight.

This ain’t over.

By a long shot!

It’s David vs. Goliath, but David has won before.

I’m not sayin’ Frank will win…

• L.A. Gringa says:

Hear, hear, Roger Dodger. This L.A. Dodger fan is ecstatic. Frank has made this worse every step of the way. Didn’t anyone school him in CA law? Hey, I’m no Jamie apologist, but I’m glad she fought for her 50% and of course, she won. Frank is delusional at best. He has no ear or feel for the public, and that includes the diehard Dodger fans. Jamie’s 50% is all that stands between the baseball fan and total ruin for the franchise. Finally, way after he should have, the Commish stepped in. We will see what the investigation turns up, but I am way past sick of Frank’s tone deaf, insensitive, insulting, epic fail “statements.”

Last but not least, won’t it be a great day when we can get back to BASEBALL as the priority and the ONLY focus of Dodgers players and fans?

18. guy in last row says:

I am a blue Dodger fann. And ben waiten fr yeers and yeers t;hat this shold happyen. Gat ta parken lat gy ought of LA. Dat wifie of him, messs up da club.
    I wesh da ol temiers lik Stevie Gravie an billie hussle andd oen of da Davises cu back and helllp the cub. Want the Duka but i think him pass.

wood dem sisters at all dodger gmaes knee ta pray hard-er for da bick dodger in the ski to help us

I think they were fishing for you to say the fans support this move by MLB. You know, Dodger fans are rejoicing on all the blogs.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how this plays out, but I think most people believe McCourt is on the wrong end of all of this. He needs to go, it’s in the best interest of everyone involved – except him. As I said on the other thread, MLB and it’s owners have some powerful legal support, and Frank won’t win this. MLB and it’s owners want him gone, the people want him gone – adios Paco.

• Mark Timmons says:

Badger,

You are probably right, but I don’t think it’s over.

If Bud does the same to the Mets, then he’ll be on more solid ground.

I can see this costing MLB hundreds of millions.

If Bud was stupid enough to approve Frank in the beginning, what makes you think he’s smart enough to beat him now?

He’s on the right side of the issue.

MLB wouldn’t do this if the other owners didn’t approve of it. Fans are rejoicing. I’ll bet attendance goes up immediately. Even the players will get behind this.

This IS the right thing to do.

20. guy in last row says:

dee monte halls for da beg phing ta happin. maybee tanight the sands of time will bee on tyme and wind

21. Gonzo says:

I posted this on the wrong thread:

I bet that Selig and MLB are all lawyered up and ready to battle. Bud wouldn’t do this unless the other owners are sure their books will be safe from peering eyes. With all that said I am glad to have Mcourt in the corner gasping for air. Now is the time to step on his throat and end it all.

• Mark Timmons says:

Gonzo,

Bud ain’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, but he has billions in back of him, so he’s the favorite.

However, don’t count McCourt out.

Ultimately, I think Bud will prevail, but it’s complicated!

22. WillieMays says:

Bud approved Frankie Baby – he’ll give you another dud owner.

Forgettttttaboudaboutit!

23. AnewBlueDay/Roger Dodger says:

Gee, I would hate to be Jamie’s hair stylist. Having to listen to all of her crap.

Let’s hope that this announcement today will motivate the players to play real baseball. Kemp’s catch in the first inning was a highlight.

Even Rod through out a runner.

I think they will play better. Too bad they don’t have the talent to compete for the title, but this is a new day in Dodger history.

“Or he can surrender the Dodgers, get on with his life, skin some other suckers in some other town, and take his three-deep roster of lawyers with him.”

Someone who tells it like it is:

25. Corey says:

Mark, Frankie can fight, kick and scream all he wants, but he’s going to the curb eventually. Like the article Badger referenced basically says, “we can do this the easy way or the hard way.” But it’s going to happen.

26. MillaBlue says:

Jamie, you are gross. Mentally and physically.

Frank, it never ceases to amaze me how much embarrassment a single human being can take. You are the Jerry Jones of baseball and a complete joke.

27. CEEEZ/LA says: