This Game Is A Go

This Game Is A Go

Tonight’s game at Talking Stick looks to be a go, but the skies are not looking good.  Oh, wait,  the sun is out…  This is neat stadium with a press-box better than Camelback and that’s about it, although I did have the best hot dog I have ever had.  It makes the Dodger Dog look like a piker.  Sorry, but I just calls ‘em as I eats ‘em.  Here’s the deal that I can’t figure out: the stadium only seats 7,000 or so, which is half of what Camelback holds and why the devil would two division rivals share a stadium (D-Backs and Rockies)?  It’s all wrong, I tell you!

Tonight’s Lineup:

1. Gordon, SS
  2. De Jesus, I, 2B
  3. Ethier, RF
  4. Kemp, CF
  5. Loney, 1B
  6. Gibbons, LF
  7. Miles, 3B
  8. Navarro, C
  9. Kershaw, P

We should also see Jerry Sands at some point.

7 Responses to “This Game Is A Go”

wow that top 5 could be the top 5 next year and year after

wowwww

I’m a big fan of James Loney the person. He would sign for the fans as he left the practice field at Camelback. He signed longer than any other player on the Dodgers. I also understand that he has created a games center for the kids. He loves to give back and spend time with all the kids that look up to him. All the kids were trying to get his attention and chanting Loney, Loney, Loney. He took photo’s and signed for all of them. Great Guy……… I’m rooting for his breakout year in 2011 so he’ll return next year. Then Bobby can keep his top 5.

not sure if anyone’s listening to the game on kabc, or the mlb app, but i was listening to the bottom of the 3rd.

charlie and rick were talking about gordon. while they were doing so, an az hitter hit a ground ball up the middle that gordon flagged but couldn’t throw him out. according to charlie/rick, there was no chance gordon could get to that ball, but he got there, but couldn’t make the throw cuz he slipped on the wet grass from all the rain today.

they then raved about gordon’s range, which is insane. then the talked bout his he has a 36″ vertical jump, which is insane. they discussed what a great athlete he is.

then they talked about his baseball instincts, and how instead of just standing around, he’s watching the runner, watching the pitcher, watching the catcher/signs, and moving around accordingly. as they discuss this, the az runner tries to steal 2b. the throw is on a bounce, but gordon makes a great play to shorthop and tag him out.

they continue to rave, and then the last guy pops up to gordon to end the inning.

mannnn was i excited thinking about his potential!!

Not only did Gordon get that ball easily, he would have thrown him out if he hadn\’t slipped.

I can say this: If there has ever been a faster player than Dee Gordon, I have never seen him. He\’s the fastest I have ever seen.

Attendance tonight was 10,336. Are you sure they have only 7,000 seats? Or maybe they have 7,000 seats, but can fit about 3,000 on the berm. If memory serves me correct, I believe Camelback has about 10,000 seats with the ability to accommodate another 3,000 on the berm.

Brooklyn,

I just looked it up and it says there are 7,000 seats, with room on the berm for 4,000 more. So it seats 11,000. It looks much smaller.

Camelback seats 13,000 but looks twice as big and maybe it is (physically).

Looking at the box score from last night — looks to me that Kershaw was out-pitched – period. Kennedy and the rest of their staff zipped the Dodgers.

Both Kennedy and Kershaw pitched 5 innings. 3 hits to 5 hits. 3 hits to 8 hits. 0 runs to 2 runs. 3 walks to 2 walks. 6 Ks to 5 Ks.

But it’s only Spring Training, right.