Good News: The Dodgers scored 14 Runs on Saturday.
Bad News: The Dodgers opponents scored 27 runs on Saturday.
Actually, it’s not that big of a deal. It’s Spring Training and stuff like that happens. I only go ballistic when it happens to J-Broxton because I am irrational like that (actually, I’ve always been consistent in saying that Brox sucks), and I like the sound of irrational. However, I just may be the lunatic you are looking for (Billy Joel).
Lilly got hammered, but I’m not concerned with him so much. He’ll be ready when the bell rings. Mahay and R-Tron also got hammered, and Mahay is slowly pitching himself out of contention. Blake Hawksworth will make the team.
- Trent Oeltjen was 2-3 with a Home Run and is hitting .364. I would assume that he’s not in contention for a spot, but he has attracted some attention as of now.
- Juan Uribe went 2-3 which should be comforting to most Dodger Fans.
- Andre Ethier had 2 hits and 3 RBI
- Tony Gwynn, Jr. was 3-3 with a stolen base which gives him six for the spring. He is hitting .360, but if he could just hit .270 he would be a huge asset. We have to pay attention to this. He would be a game-changer at the top of the lineup IF he gets on.
- Tim Redding gave up 4 runs in 4 innings – John Ely is currently in the driver’s seat for the #5 spot.
- Sands could hit 10 more HR’s and he will still go to AAA. How long he’s there – that all depends upon him and whoever is playing LF!
- Casey Blake’s back is sore. Make of it what you will.
- Photos complements of D Romo: