1. Loney – 1B
2. Uribe – 2B, SS, 3B
3. Furcal – SS
4. Carroll – 2B, SS, 3B
5. Ethier – RF
6. Kemp – CF
7. Thames – LF, 1B
8. Barajas – C
Navarro – CDeJesus
10. Paul – OF
11. Miles – 3B, SS, 2B
12. Giminez – C, 1B, LF
13. Gwynn – OF
4. Castro – 1B, 2B, 3B, SSELLIS
- The ones I missed were Scott Elbert, who was absolutely horrible after that, Navarro and A.J. Ellis who took Castro’s spot. I know that Ned loves Castro, so I was surprised to see him go (not that I would have kept him). Lance Cormier had a great spring and looks to be a solid addition to the pen.
- I am starting to believe that Elbert is a Mini-Greg Miller. Speaking of Greg Miller, where is he?
- Logan White told me that Randy Keisler (who was signed at an open tryout camp earlier this spring) could really pitch and he did last night. He struck out Ichiro and one other batter and retired all four batters he faced. Nice!
- RDLR – The Dodgers can’t keep him down very long. This kid is ready. What a display last night! Garland or Kuroda could be a trade candidate – maybe even Lilly… after June!
- Gabe Kapler will probably go to AAA.
- Allen Webster struck out the side in the ninth last night. This kid is not far off either.
- The Dodgers have a bunch of arms in the minors and with Sands, Gordon, Robinson and a host of others, the farm system is looking pretty good right about now.
- It was nice to see the X-Man make the team!
- In case you were silly enough to believe all the “predictions” I made yesterday, here’s all that I predict: 91-93 wins. The pitching will be impressive. Clayton will carry the torch and the pen will step up BIG TIME. I also think the offense will surprise a lot of folks. Let’s play ball!
- I do believe that Matt Kemp will be an MVP Candidate and Clayton Kershaw will be a Cy Young Candidate.
- Dylan Hernandez of The LA Times writes about about the Dodgers new attitude.
- I also think that Andre Ethier should just shut up, put up, and quit pouting like a little kid, just because Chad got extended and he didn’t. So much for Don Mattingly’s idea that Andre could be a team leader. The guy is not leader material. All I can say is that he needs to step up and play ball. JUST SHUT UP, ANDRE!