Posted on 18 March 2011.
As Jared reported, I am headed to Camelback Ranch. I arrive in PHX tonight at 8:30 (that’s 11:30 my time), so I won’t go to Camelback until Saturday Morning. Here are a few parting shots:
- AS expected, Justin Sellers was re-assigned back to minor league camp. That the Dodgers opted to send Jerry Sands with him is really no surprise either, but I have a hunch he will be back THIS year!
- Miles, DeJesus and Castro as battling for the final IF spot – I still have no reason to think it won’t be Miles..
- Jay Gibbons is back in the mix to make the roster after getting new contacts and pronouncing that he can see. “I CAN SEE!” He also has a solid grip on reality, when he said. “I have to show I have some baseball ability in the next 10 days.” I’d say you’d better show it in the next six days, Jay!
- Matt Kemp – MVP Candidate? I think so.
- In fact, I’ll go out on a limb and say that the Dodgers have three (count ‘em 3) players who could (COULD, I said) be in the TOP 5 of MVP Ballots.
- Oh, that would be Kemp, Ethier and Kershaw. I’m not saying they WILL, but they COULD… Think about it.
- Hector Gimenez has to at least be considered for a roster spot. Could it be that they will let Navarro walk? Stay tuned. Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com has a nice piece on him.
- According to Ken Gurnick, Darren Dreifort could be considering a comeback? WOW! Koufax is next…