These guys could jump out of a boat right about now and not even hit water… let alone a little white baseball. I know it’s early. I know the pitchers are ahead of the hitters. I know most of the Dodger starters are not in there. I know that with most of the positions secure, players are just working on their conditioning, but DANG, could you just get an occasional hit? Maybe a home run? I mean… does anyone have a pulse?
I know it’s early, but I saw the same lethargy or malaise infect this team last year and I don’t want to see it again. Last spring, this team looked complacent and while they did play well the first half, that same complacency seemed to grow in the second half. No excuses – you have to get the job done. Get on base, move the runner, drive him in. Hit in the clutch!
The game is on – bring your bats!
- The absolute best thing that could happen to the Dodgers would be for Tony Gwynn, Jr. to step up and win a starting position. If he could just OB% .350, he would steal 50 bases and put lots of pressure on the pitchers.
- RDLD was looking pretty awesome according to the Cincinnati Reds broadcasters. They said the ball “explodes” out of his hand and the only other pitcher who does that is Aroldis Chapman.
- Ken Gurnick of Dodgers .com has a good article on Kenley Jansen, whose idol is Mariano Rivera.
- What Brooklyn Dodger posted about Broxton is my greatest hope. Hopefully J-Brox will be “lights out ” the first half and the Dodgers can trade him for whatever after the break.
- Tony Jackson of ESPN/LosAngeles has a piece on Mike MikeMacDougal. Who?
- According to Bill Shaikin of The LA Times, the McCourt’s have renewed settlement talks. What-E-V-E-R…. The dumbasses just need to get on with it or the only winners will be people who have “Esquire” after their name. Is “Esquire” a fancy term for “thief?” Just wondering…