GameTime – Dodgers vs. Royals

4. Kemp, CF
  5. Kapler, LF
  6. Loney, 1B
  7. Gibbons, DH
  8. De Jesus, I, 2B
  9. Castro, J, SS

Tim Redding is on the mound taking Ted Lilly’s place (who has the flu).

18 Responses to “GameTime – Dodgers vs. Royals”

FYI – this game will be replayed tonight at 9 pm ET on the MLB Network.

Also, Dodgers will be featured on the MLB Network’s “30 Clubs in 30 Days” on Sunday, March 6th at 6 pm ET.

I’ve set the DVR for both.

Great catch in RF by Andre Ethier who is actually acting like a rightfielder.

3-Runs Jack by Fidel, ‘er Juan Castro. Great, now he’ll make the team….

Elbert has no control today.

elbert just sounded hideous on the radio.

4 walks to 5 hitters?!! see you in AAA buddy

Bobby,

When I said the other day that Sands “appears” to need some work in the outfield you emphasized that it was only one play. I don’t disagree with that, which is why I used the word “appears”. I’ve always believed that you really don’t know a player until you’ve seen him play everyday. What am I getting at? Simply this. “see you in AAA buddy” is a bit strong for a single bad outing by Elbert. If he does that regularly he certainly will be back in AAA. But it just might be a bad day, or perhaps he was doing something that is easily correctable. He’ll get other opportunities, and hopefully things will be better. Or perhaps he will have to go down to AAA for a while, and return a little later in the season a better pitcher. There is no doubt that Elbert getting his act together would relieve some of the pressure on Kuo, and on the bullpen in general.

As for Sands, I saw his at bat in the 8th inning of today’s game. I was impressed by his coolness at the plate, and his ability to work a walk after falling behind at the plate. He fouled off a number of pitches, and never seemed overanxious. From Charlie Steiner’s comments he did the same thing earlier in the game. Since I DVR’d the game, I’ll get to see it later.

Seems like the Dodgers pitchers like the number 4. Maybe in honor of Duke Snider.

Redding gave up 4 hits.

Elbert walked 4 batters in 0.1 innings.

Vasquez gave up 4 runs.

Total Dodger pitcher strikeouts was 4.

Four other Dodger pitchers walked a total of 4 hitters.

So far, Castro looks like a keeper.

Just saw some Manny video hitting like crazy over there.

Explain to me again, just why the Dodgers do not have Manny in 2011 or a hitter like Manny on the team????

For the money the Dodgers are spending on Gibbons and Thames, I would take Manny back in a heart beat. The defense would be about the same.

9. Bluenose Dodger says:

I for one am glad Manny is gone. We paid him $40M over the past two seasons and he turned out to be a singles hitter. He was the one who was supposed to make all of our hitters better, and for that price he should have.

Manny was great when all was going well and he was the centre of attention. When the going got tough, we got from Manny, just what we should have expected. As he did in Boston, he quit. He started last seasson unwilling to talk to reporters, for no explained reason.

He is better suited to being a DH where he doesn’t have to chase a ball. If Gibbons, Thames are poor defensively, it is because they are poor defensively. You won’t see them loping after a ball. Manny was not a strength defensively but just seemed indifferent to playing the field. He will be great with the Rays as long as all goes well and he is the centre of attention.

Early Spring Training results — the Dodgers are still flat in many areas. Heck, most of the pitchers against our hitters are unknowns, lower minor league guys, and hangers on.

No matter who or which pair the Dodgers use in left field — unless they all have career years — NO MANNY TYPE OF PLAYER. The team right now is short.

Saw today that some of the MLB TV channel are picking the Rockies to win the NL West.

I forgot, the Rockies have a great LF, and SS.

12. Willie Mays says:

RogerD,

I would love to have Ethier, Kemp, Loney and Furcal, and while you are at it, give us Uribe back. Your guys stats from last season are won’t what you’ll get this year. They are too good.

Roger,

I watched the whole game. I thought the Dodgers played with good energy, but 4 of the last 5 pitchers the Dodgers threw have NO SHOT at making the team, and they are the ones who gave up ALL the runs.

Bluenose, my sentiments exactly on Manny (except I’m not sure he’ll do great for the Rays). If Manny was anything last year it was a cancer. And really, who cares what he, or for that matter, anyone else does in spring training. It’s nice to see players do well in the spring, but mostly I just want them to be ready when the bell rings to begin the season. I’ll take another look at it, but I’m not sure Ethier’s catch wouldn’t have been made to look a lot easier by a better rightfielder.

When the Giants release Barry Zito, sign him. Send him to A then AA then AAA then bring him up in August (around the 29th) and zipo — he will light the cake.

Like he\’ll go there…

He thinks he\’s Charlie Sheen, but pitches like Charlie\’s mother.

The only thing that I am sure of so far is Dee Gordon is a ways and weighs off.

18. Joe says:

I saw Either’s great catch on MLB network, then had visions of him being hurt on the play and being out for at least 2 months. Great to see him go all out but don’t get hurt in a spring training game like Furcal and Repko did a few years ago.