Fearless Predictions

Fearless Predictions

Here it is: March 31st, 2011 Opening Day.

Kershaw vs. Lincecum.

Dodgers vs. Giants.

Us vs. Them.

You all love to criticize me because I step out there and make predictions, but now’s the time to do that.

Are you scared? I’m not.

I’m going to make mine RIGHT NOW!

We will re-visit these in October. Put your money where your mouth is.

Let’s hear what you predict.

Mark Timmons 2011 Dodger Predictions:

• The Dodgers get off to a fast start and lead the division by three games over the Padres at the end of April.
  • Garland and Padilla both return from the DL in April and DeJesus and MacDougal are sent to AAA.
  • Casey Blake has a relapse and is sidelined longer.
  • By Mid-May, Rafael Furcal is leading the league in hitting, stolen bases and runs scored.
  • Tony Gwynn, Jr. (hitting .171) is released.
  • At the All-Star break, Kershaw, Billingsley, Kemp and Barajas (18 HR) make the All-Star team.
  • In August, the Dodgers trade Jon Broxton (who is 3-1 with 22 saves and a 1.31 ERA), Andre Ethier and James Loney to the Cardinals for Albert Pujols (after the Cards fall out of contention).
  • Jerry Sands is called up on August 6th after hitting 43 HR at AAA.
  • The Dodgers end up with 93 wins and defeat the Braves in the NLCS to win the Pennant.
  • The RedSox beat the Dodgers in 6 games to win the World Series.
  • Furcal accumulates 549 AB’s and is allowed to become a free agent after the season.
  • Casey Blake never has an at-bat during the season and retires from baseball to become a high school baseball coach.
  • Juan Uribe hits. 265 with 27 HR and 91 RBI.
  • Matt Kemp finishes 3rd in the MVP voting, losing out to teammate Albert Pujols and Chad Billingsley who finished second.
  • Chad Billingsley wins his first Cy Young, narrowly beating out Roy Halladay and Clayton Kershaw (23-5 record/ 2.87 ERA)
  • Major League Baseball takes over operations of the Dodgers on November 1, 2011 after Frank McCourt defaults on 3 loans.
  • Joe Torre is named by Bud Selig to act as President of the Dodgers in the interim.
  • Warren Buffett buys the Dodgers for $925,000,000, outbidding Mark Cuban, and names Mark Timmons President of the Dodgers.
  • Timmons names Badger as Assistant GM to Logan White and Lawdog as legal council (but since he is a dog, he has a short leash), and AnewBlueDay (Roger Dodger) team photographer.
  • Timmons fires Josh Rawitch and names Jared Massey VP of Media Relations.
  • Josh Rawitch is hired by Bud Selig to fill Joe Torre’s spot.
  • Ned Colletti is offered a position as head custodian of Dodger Stadium.
  • In Timmons first transaction as President of the Dodgers, he instructs new GM Logan White to trade Ethan Martin to the Cardinals for Jon Broxton and installs J-Brox as the “elite set-up man of the Dodgers.”
  • On January 1, 2012, the new commissioner of baseball, Kim Ng announces that MLB has taken control of the Mets and that Jamie McCourt has been appointed interim President.

THE END

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

25 Responses to “Fearless Predictions”

1. Bootz says:

Swing and a miss.

2. Willie Mays says:

Oh brother!

3. Jae says:

The Dodgers will win 90 games.

I’m in. Especially the olive branch to your kin.

Let’s go, batter up, I’m taking the afternoon off [cue{bumper music}]

It’s time for Dodger baseball!

5. RogerCraig says:

I have to be realistic – the Dodgers could go either way:

Worst – 81 wins.

Best – 94 Wins.

I’d say something in-between: say 88 wins.

6. Willie Mays says:

Wow – that Rubby is really good.

7. Adam says:

I have the Dodgers winning 91 games and Kemp winning the MVP.

seriously willy!!

rdlr is looking dynamite tonight. my prediction is that he is up here sooner than later, even if it’s to be a bullpen guy for a while.

wowww.

p.s. a cute little link for all of you:

I accept.

But……. about those other predictions………. it’s all a joke.. right? Barajas on the All Star team? 93 wins? World Championship? This is just you being Timmons squared, right?

I am still at 83 wins. No Dodger is in the top 5 for MVP, no Dodger wins the Cy Young, Pujols isn’t coming here, Ethier and Kemp will have good years, but not a ton of RBI’s cuz nobody is on base, because of that reason, Uribe just might get 80 ribbies, Furcal will limp through the season, again, and eventually we will get to see Sands and Rubby at Chavez. Casey Blake will be Casey Blake, only a year older, and fans will not show up at a 3.5 mil rate. Attendance could be down by as much as 20%… unless you are right with your predictions. All that happens, and I predict the Dodgers will draw 4 million.

Hope you are right about McCourt.

10. CEEEZ/LA says:

Dodgers win the division.

11. Jim D says:

What are you smoking Mark??

12. The Bunny Rabbit Inside Broxton's Soul says:

I don’t think people give you grief because you make predictions. I think they give you grief because of what you say in your predictions.

What’s that saying….

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.– Mark Twain (1835-1910) …

My prediction… I’m going to have a fantastic time watching my favorite team in all of sports play baseball this year. I can also predict I’m going to upset a lot of my co-workers at the TV station I work at, when at numerous times during the season, they’ll hear loud cursing and other times they’ll hear shouts of joy several times during the next six and maybe seven months.

I also predict no matter what happens this season, I’ll get to do it all again in March of 2012 and again in 2013, etc.

• DodgerDude says:

So, you think he is serious? Dude, you have issues.

• Ely's Coming, Better Hide Your Haeger says:

I’m not talking about this prediction. It’s obviously tongue in cheek. In general, he says some really foolish things that have turned out to be wrong.

my realistic prediction:

1) we win the division, and i have no doubt about that. the giants will not get career years from a bunch of nobodies again.

2) clayton kershaw will finish in the top 4 of the cy young

3) ned makes 1 big trade at the deadline

4) IDJ, Sands, and rdlr all get some serious playing time by the end of the year

By the way, I believe that Gammons predicts that Kershaw will win the Cy Young.

15. SpokaneBob says:

If Kemp and Ethier have good years, which I believe they will have, it is not unreasonable to think that alone could give us 10 more wins than last year. I also believe that there are other factors that make us better than we were last year. So I am predicting 90 wins….where that leaves us remains to be seen.

I do believe we will see Ruby sooner than later this year. He was just awesome last night. When we will see Sands and others depends on how well the players we currently have perform this year.

Overall, I look for a good season and many exciting games.

16. Ray says:

Predictions

LAD wins 90 games, and the NL West
    Kemp goes 30-30-.290
    Ethier goes 30-95-.310
    By mid-season, Sands and RDLR will be up with LAD
    Kershaw wins Cy Young with 19 wins and a 2.73 ERA
    Billz wins 16 with a 3.25 ERA

17. Sands getting called up on my birthday? I’ll take it.