Kershaw vs. Lincecum.
Dodgers vs. Giants.
Us vs. Them.
You all love to criticize me because I step out there and make predictions, but now’s the time to do that.
Are you scared? I’m not.
I’m going to make mine RIGHT NOW!
We will re-visit these in October. Put your money where your mouth is.
Let’s hear what you predict.
Mark Timmons 2011 Dodger Predictions:
- The Dodgers get off to a fast start and lead the division by three games over the Padres at the end of April.
- Garland and Padilla both return from the DL in April and DeJesus and MacDougal are sent to AAA.
- Casey Blake has a relapse and is sidelined longer.
- By Mid-May, Rafael Furcal is leading the league in hitting, stolen bases and runs scored.
- Tony Gwynn, Jr. (hitting .171) is released.
- At the All-Star break, Kershaw, Billingsley, Kemp and Barajas (18 HR) make the All-Star team.
- In August, the Dodgers trade Jon Broxton (who is 3-1 with 22 saves and a 1.31 ERA), Andre Ethier and James Loney to the Cardinals for Albert Pujols (after the Cards fall out of contention).
- Jerry Sands is called up on August 6th after hitting 43 HR at AAA.
- The Dodgers end up with 93 wins and defeat the Braves in the NLCS to win the Pennant.
- The RedSox beat the Dodgers in 6 games to win the World Series.
- Furcal accumulates 549 AB’s and is allowed to become a free agent after the season.
- Casey Blake never has an at-bat during the season and retires from baseball to become a high school baseball coach.
- Juan Uribe hits. 265 with 27 HR and 91 RBI.
- Matt Kemp finishes 3rd in the MVP voting, losing out to teammate Albert Pujols and Chad Billingsley who finished second.
- Chad Billingsley wins his first Cy Young, narrowly beating out Roy Halladay and Clayton Kershaw (23-5 record/ 2.87 ERA)
- Major League Baseball takes over operations of the Dodgers on November 1, 2011 after Frank McCourt defaults on 3 loans.
- Joe Torre is named by Bud Selig to act as President of the Dodgers in the interim.
- Warren Buffett buys the Dodgers for $925,000,000, outbidding Mark Cuban, and names Mark Timmons President of the Dodgers.
- Timmons names Badger as Assistant GM to Logan White and Lawdog as legal council (but since he is a dog, he has a short leash), and AnewBlueDay (Roger Dodger) team photographer.
- Timmons fires Josh Rawitch and names Jared Massey VP of Media Relations.
- Josh Rawitch is hired by Bud Selig to fill Joe Torre’s spot.
- Ned Colletti is offered a position as head custodian of Dodger Stadium.
- In Timmons first transaction as President of the Dodgers, he instructs new GM Logan White to trade Ethan Martin to the Cardinals for Jon Broxton and installs J-Brox as the “elite set-up man of the Dodgers.”
- On January 1, 2012, the new commissioner of baseball, Kim Ng announces that MLB has taken control of the Mets and that Jamie McCourt has been appointed interim President.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.