Well, actually they are tied for last place at 5-14 with that juggernaut which used to be the Arizona Diamondbacks (sarcasm intended). Look, I’m a guy who doesn’t put much into Spring Training stats. I read somewhere that Tony Gwynn, Jr. hit over .200 last spring and then hit .203 for the season. The year before, he was awful in spring training, and then proceeded to hit .270 with a .350 OB%.
Spring Training batting averages and ERA’s mean very little in the big picture (unless it’s J-Box and then it means he’s a bum - hey, this is my site- I make the rules), but this is getting silly! 5-14. Beyond silly!
Donnie Ballgame, it’s time to thin the herd. You can keep a few players, but about 20 need to just go to minor league camp. It’s that time. It’s time to try and win. Let’s get busy! Winning cures everything. Winning breeds optimism. Winning builds confidence. Just win, Donnie!
- Rumor has it that John Ely is a knucklehead. I hear he’s hard-headed and not prone to take direction. If that’s true, that’s too bad because he is in line to win te #5 spot. Hopefully, he is maturing and will get smarter.
- By-the-way, the Dodgers under Rick Honeycutt as pitching coach have the best ERA in all of baseball. Interesting….
- Mike MacDougal is in the mix to REALLY win a job in the pen. Great article will give you some insight into him by Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com.
- Josh Lindblom is on the comeback trail. He’s a nice option to have and he has options. He’ll start at AAA.
- Carlos Santana is in danger of being sent back to the minors with a .167 Batting Average. I’m just sayin’….
- Andy LaRoche is hitting .345 with 3 HR for the A’s. Interesting….