Categorized | GameTime, Mark Timmons

Camelback Ranch – GameTime, Sat. March 19

Camelback Ranch – GameTime, Sat. March 19

With the likelihood that Casey Blake will start the season on the DL, Ivan DeJesus, Jr. is back in the mix to start the season at 2B.  He

GameTime is Soon

would push Uribe over to 3B and Miles could still make the team along with Carroll to serve as Utilitymen, but there’s a lot to be decided and a lot more  that could happen in the next 10 days.

The Hector Giminez bandwagon is rolling pretty strong and Dionaro Navarro looks fat!  Gimnez starts at 1B today.

Vicente Padilla is ahead of schedule, if there is a schedule, and could be ready as soon as mid to late April (my opinion).  Jared and I had some nice conversations with Maury Wills, Logan White, Tony Jackson and Ken Gurnick – more later!

Today’s Game

Brewers (13-8) vs. Dodgers (8-15)

1. Furcal  SS
  2. Gwynn, Jr.  CF
  3. Uribe  3B
  4. Thames  LF
  5. Giminez  1B
  6. Paul  RF
  7. Barajas  C
  8. Miles 2B
  9. Kuroda  P

8 Responses to “Camelback Ranch – GameTime, Sat. March 19”

i’m hopin bout IDJ mark!

i’m guessing IDJ at 2b, batting 2nd, and uribe at 3b will be more productive overall than uribe at 2b and blake at 3b.

hope you all have a beer for me, hope rodger dodger is feeling well, and hope ucla beats florida right now!!

Go DUKE!

3. LA Korpse says:

I’m down for IDJ at 2nd and Uribe at 3rd. I like Blake but I’d rather IDJ have a shot

Well, Mark and Jared are right now wearing their media tags around their necks. Watching the game, taking pictures, and blowing smoke.

Wish I were there, but they will do a great job for us.

Watching the game on the Brewers TV network.

Going to be tough dealing with those beach role outfield slots for the Dodgers. I guess the key problem is the X man. Maybe a trade and get a lower strong prospect for him. Or, maybe they keep him on the Dodgers.

But, if they feel that two other guys are just flat out better — let him walk.

Tough decision.

5. SpokaneBob says:

I say keep X-Paul and send Gibbons to AAA to work on his timing.

De Jesus would be better suited for the 8th spot. Gwynn has more experience and Ivan would have much less presure hitting 8th. I hope we open…..

Furcal

Gwynn

Ethier

Kemp

Loney

Uribe

Barajas

De Jesus

Kershaw

Regarding Padilla. It’s encouraging to see the progress he’s made. But still, my instincts prefer that he takes his time, which I believe should include a minor league rehab. I’d rather have a healthy Padilla beginning May 1st or later, than have him attempt an earlier return and possibly injure himself further. In my opinion the Dodger bullpen is deep enough to carry the load for a month or more. It’s a different injury, and it’s a pitcher, not an everyday player. However, we saw what happened when the Dodgers tried to rush Ethier back last year with that ridiculous jerry-rigged contraption they put on his finger. Given Padilla’s history with injuries, it’s best to err on the side of caution. Who knows, it might even give someone else an opportunity to step-up in his place, and give the bullpen added depth throughout the season (McDougal, Troncoso, Elbert, Ely, or whomever).

7. SpokaneBob says:

If Elbert can throw strikes, we need him in the pen. This makes for an interesting situation. We have more viable options for the pen than we have spots.

Another interesting thought!

What if Hector Hector Himenez can keep hitting left handed as he has been. Would a platoon of him and Barajas be a good thing?

8. SpokaneBob says: