Casey Blake, Jay Gibbons and Juan Uribe are all suffering from some sort of physical malady. I’ll leave it to you to decide who’s who…
I considered having that same laser surgery, but I too was fearful that I would be unable to recognize that 81 MPH curve after that 98 MPH fastball. Yeah, I’m glad I held off… Gibbons and Blake are both candidates to start the season on the DL. Uribe will have a liposuction procedure done today and he should be good to go (sarcasm intended).
The Dodgers are now 5-15. For the mathematically challenged, that simply means that for every game they have won, they have lost three.
No biggie. They will make it up on volume! Oh, wait!
I can’t reduce 20 games to a microcosm of what’s wrong, and let’s be calm, but WHAT’S WRONG?
There were some highlights (lowlights too):
- Scott Elbert pitched an inning and only walked two. What a trooper!
- John Lindsey, Damaso Espino, Jamie Hoffmann, Trayvon Robinson, Carlos Monasterios, Wilkin De La Rosa, Dee Gordon, and Javy Guerra were all sent to minor league camp. It’s a start – there needs to be another eight today.
- I think X. Paul is still in the running to make the roster.
- I also think that right about now would be an excellent time to get Mike Young. There are so many possibilities on that that I won’t predict who could be involved. I just think it needs to happen. Texas will eat half his salary (I think).
- John Ely still has a 2.70 ERA.
- I’ll be out there Saturday!