I now have my itinerary - I will be at Carmelback Ranch from March 18th to the 24th. I’m staying at the Peoria North – Glendale Holiday Inn Express. I just bought a new Cannon D7, so hopefully you will see some spectacular photos. Ialso know that Billy Russell will be there during that time, as well as Jared and Roger Dodger.
Here’s a place I strongly recommend while you are there:
The Gym Grill and Bar located at 9611 W Camelback Rd Ste 101 Phoenix, AZ 85037. In addition to all the regular bar food and beverages, the owners are from New York and make the best New York Style Cheesecake I have ever had! Awesome! Tell them I sent you!
- Ken Gurnick of Dodgers.com gives us a in-depth look at one Blake Hawksworth, who I feel is quite likely to make the team. According to Gurnick, there are a couple of things to keep in mid with Blake:
As a rookie in 2009, Hawksworth went 4-0 with a 2.03 ERA in 30 relief appearances. He struggled last year when he made eight starts and 37 relief outings, going 4-8 with a 4.98 ERA.
“As a starter he was throwing 90 [mph], 91 and out of the bullpen 94, 95,” said manager Don Mattingly. “Sometimes a guy thinks when he’s starting he has to pace himself. Out of the ‘pen he’s more aggressive and attacking. We feel that’s where he fits best.”
Good reliever, struggling starter – big difference in the speed of his fastball. Looks like he’s taking Jeff Weavers’ spot. With the other BeSorryO reliever not in camp, Hawksworth’s chances just got a lot better.
- Steve Lyons answers Five Questions about the Dodgers of 2011. Some pretty good stuff…
- Dylan Hernandez says that Raffy has been working out since November and is looking forward to a good season.
- Tony Jackson says that Donnie Ballgame has the jitters. Uh, okay! That’s good… I think!
- Kobie won yet another All-Star MVP as the West beat the East 457 to 391 – very little defense.