- Sparky Anderson died today. I lived near Cincinnati during the reign of the Big Red Machine and attended many games as well as listening to the Reds on Radio. Baseball has lost a
great one. He was a foe, but he was as fair as he was formidable. Rest in Peace, Mr. Anderson.
- Jay Gibbons has a lot to prove and play for. Could he be next year’s Aubrey Huff?
- I am sure Ned is looking to trade Loney (if he can). A platoon of Blake and Gibbons could yield 35+ HR at 1B…. and is cheap!
- Now, the Dodgers need a 3B. I have a suggestion that no one have ever thought about: ADRIAN BELTRE! Who knew?
- Look for Rod Barajas to be signed as soon as tomorrow.
- Zach Greinke rumors keep churning. If the Dodger could use Broxton, Loney and two top prospects to get him, then I am all in! Of course, the rumors are from stinkin’ bloggers and they are worse than fish hacks. I should know…
- By my calculations, the Dodgers have seven or eight open roster spots.