One Year Later

One Year Later

The Average Blogger Picking His Top Prospects

About a year ago I wrote that TOP PROSPECT LISTS ARE USELESS, however before that I had listed my TOP 10 DODGER PROSPECTS (in no particular order).   I think it might be fun to go back and see where I was right and where I was wrong.

I thought you might have some fun with this.  You can see where I was brilliant and where I was an idiot!

Have at it!

11 Responses to “One Year Later”

Useless?

I don’t know, Posey and Bumgarner look ok to me. So does, Heyward and Dominic Brown…. Neftali Perez, Carlos Santana, Pedro Alvarez, Mike Stanton, Justin Smoak… Strasburg looked ok until he went down, Oraldis Chapman could pitch for me, I’ll take Desmond Jennings if you don’t want him…..

oh, were you talking about Dodger top prospects?

Nevermind.

So, we are now in the official Hot Stove League???

If so, what’s cooking???

Any certain spices you plan to use???

Does the cook have his/her apron on? Is it ironed?

Just another one that got away from us.

Good point. He should have stayed with us.

But, we have Donnie Baseball, a Gnu Yourk trained Torre clone. Everybody loves hime. Well not everybody but just about everybody. OK, not a lot of people but some. Well actually, I haven’t heard a lot of raving about the choice, but Vince Scully said he thought Mattingly would be a “good” manager. Good is good – right? Since great doesn’t seem to be available to us right now, I’ll take good.

“This McCourt stuff reeks! I have supported Frank McCourt in the past, but now I just wish that him and Jamie would both just go away.”

At least you got that right!

5. Mark Timmons says:

I said that long ago, but quit beating that drum because I have always felt it a waste of time to wish for something you can’t control. I’ll applaud it IF it happens AND we get a better owner.

My fear all along on the McCourts has been this . . .

Both of their key lawyers would tell them — burn your bridges, get back together, patch it up — you have too much to loose by divorcing.

Smile and wave a lot, and march forward as co-owners of the Dodgers.

I hadn’t considered that one Roger.

Interesting. I always figured they would eventually come to their senses and settle this thing out of court, but a reconciliation?

Yoiks. That is scary.

8. Mark Timmons says:

Their egos are too big for that. They would have to buy more property to house their egos.

I agree with Mark. I think not only would their egos not allow it, but that their sanity (whatever little they have left) would be in deep jeopardy. I also don’t beat that drum much. And I don’t visit DodgerDivorce.com very much. Que sera, sera.

Sanity?

I doubt reconciliation is seriously being considered, especially by their lawyers. Those cockroaches want this thing to drag out for years. But the McSpends themselves stand to benefit by working this thing out.