Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Turkey or not. ..   May you all have a wonderful holiday!

I am headed to Lake Tahoe tomorrow morning to do some skiing.  17 months post-op on the new hip.

We’ll see if I ski like Bode Miller or Sonny Bono!

Dodger News:

• The RedSox are allegedly interested in Rod Barajas - Yawn.
  • Danny McDevitt, who won the last game in Brooklyn died at age 78.  RIP!
  • Charlie Haeger was a great guy and I would not be surprised to see him pitch 200+ innings multiple times, but it was time to move on.  It might be a few years….  Good Luck!
  • The Hot Stove League is just heating up…

13 Responses to “Happy Thanksgiving!”

Happy Thanksgiving
    Have fun in Lake Tahoe Mark……..

I am stuffed.

Back to my recliner.

Nice pic Mark. Two peckerheads amalgamating. How approrpriate for the occasion.

Is it Spring yet?

I am sure you have seen this story on Trade Rumors:

The Twins won the bidding for Japanese infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka, according to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Christensen hears that the Twins won with a $5MM bid, but a source estimated to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports that the Twins bid roughly $5.3MM (Twitter link). The Twins now have 30 days to work out an agreement with the 26-year-old. If the sides do not reach an agreement, the Chiba Lotte Marines will not receive the posting fee.

So, who plays second for the Dodgers, that is worth a damn??? Bring Hudson back????

Yeah, I saw it. I also posted on the other thread that the teams mentioned were the Twins and Giants. Glad it was the Twins.

Hudson back here would be fine with me. But, probably not with him, nor about a half dozen posters here.

MSTI has a great review of Dodger management.

What are those two men staring at?

Heager an All-Star in 2015? He needs to play in a stadium with the current prevailing winds.

Both Jed and Joe get D-. I notice there was nobody that argued those grades.

I am willing to bring Jed up to a D with the Garland signing. Of course, the rumor is the incentive that kicks in another $11 million is only 190 innings for ’11 and ’12. That is setting the bar rather low for a guy like Garland, but hopefully he makes it and the Dodgers need to find a way to cough up the additional dough.

Where is this money coming from? Maybe ticket sales are actually going well.

This is interesting. It’s about the divorce, so those of you who don’t care won’t need to bother.

“What are those two men staring at?”

Grounds for impeachment.

8. lawdog says:

From the look on Duby’a face and the grins on his henchmen, I’d be willing to be dollars to doughnuts that Dubya is committing an impeachable act with that “pardoned” turkey. I mean, acts with a young intern are one thing. But the same acts with a turkey, well, that’s only legal in Georgia and Alabama. :mrgreen:

john garland is a dodger, per dylan hernandez twitter (tweet?)

solid #5 but i won’t go buy a new dodger hat today because of it.

i guess one of lilly/kuroda/garland will get hurt in june, and that’s when our version of madison bumgarner comes in and takes over?

10. Jaydavis says:

I’m glad x-mas came early I’ll take the socks and undies. Please don’t sign a Lf we need beltre on 3b