First the Raves:
- Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Hiroki Kuroda, Ted Lilly – that would be a nice rotation 1-4, but the last two are most likely out of the picture. Raves to Kershaw and Billingley. Clayton has shown that he can be the Ace and Bills has righted his ship – he’s a solid #2.
- Kenley Jansen has “closer” written all over him!
- Rod Barajas is a solid backup catcher
- Kong chih Kuo is as good a LH reliever as there is in baseball.
Now the Rants:
- Loney, Martin, Kemp and Ethier have all regressed to some small or large degree this year. Blame them or blame the coaching staff?
- Jay Gibbons deserves a chance to be on the Dodgers roster next year. He has earned that with his play, but let’s not forget that he has exactly 43 AB’s this year and is putting up numbers way above anything he has ever done. Is it possible that he has gotten his act together after being out of major league baseball since 2007? Yes, but don’t bet the bank on it. He has been a journeyman, at best, and it’s not likely he will suddenly become a superstar at age 34. His career OB% is .317. Stranger things have happened, but if the Dodgers could sign him at a bargain price, they should do it! Just don’t overpay, because he probably is what his record says he is. If you look at his splits, you can see some wide swings from month-to-month. 43 AB’s aren’t a large sampling. I can’t get on that bandwagon, but it would be a great story. It already is a great story.
- Roy Oswalt would have been worth what we gave up to get Dotel, Podsednik, Theriot and Lilly … combined ! He is far from shot. Re-energized is more like it!
- The more I think about it, the more I think we need a new GM AND coaches AND Manager.
- I’d take a new owner, but that’s not on the table… yet!
- What are the chances that Raffy plays over 110 games next year?
- Broxton’s value is not much right now. Do we pay him $7 mil or trade him or what?
- Theriot? Bye!
- Podsednik? Bye!
- Blake? Stuck with him.
- I told you Russ Mitchell was Casey Blake. Yep, he can’t hit either!
- Is it just me or does anyone else want to puke when they see Torre and Mattingly?