While I Was Away…

While I Was Away…

If you are new here, then you don’t miss me, and I guess if you have been here a long time you might not miss me either.

No disrespect, but I don’t  miss you either.

Timmons Family Reunion

You see, I have been getting to know the daughter who I have been estranged from for 26 years.  This has been an on-going healing process that will continue for the foreseeable future, but the last few weeks have been a whirlwind of “firsts” from my daughter:

• First text message
  • First deep conversation
  • First dinner (in LA)
  • First cookout
  • First phone call
  • First “I miss you”
  • First night out on the town

and the first family photo, where my daughter and my sons really bonded.  I love the Dodgers, but I love my family more and I have missed my daughter more than I can ever express.  I won’t be back anytime soon.

14 Responses to “While I Was Away…”

Great to hear. I’m sure Aaron and Jared will keep the doors open.

And hopefully somebody walks through.

Been very quiet in here.

OK, in an effort to stimulate conversation in here, I found this right over there ——–>

“There is a difference between throwing names up and informed speculation. Saying the Sox could acquire Brian McCann is throwing names up. Saying they could acquire Russell Martin is informed speculation. The Dodgers payroll issues are well documented and the McCourts’ divorce does not seem to be ending amicably nor is it ending anytime soon. Russell Martin is going to make around 6.5 to 7 million dollars next year in arbitration. They also have to go to arbitration with Kemp, Loney, Broxton, Billingsly and Kuo, and have to add a Left Fielder and 2 starting pitchers. It is not unreasonable by any means to think the dodgers may want to get rid of an underperforming Martin and allocate his payroll space elsewhere.”

any thoughts?

Guess I’ll just talk amongst myself…..

take a look at this Badger…

ok…..

If you build it they will come.

6. Harold says:

I am sure Russell wouldn’t be thrilled with a trade to the Sox. He may be initially but when Martinez returns he is a backup and traded again before next season.

I know there is a lot of disenchantment with Russell. He hasn’t lived up to his billing. Most guys don’t. However, in yesteryear, we were very happy with Steve Yeager who wasn’t a very good offensive player, probably not as good as Russell. But, Steve was an intregal part of good Dodger teams. I believe Russell has some of the aggressive traits that Steve had.

I submit that if we trade him we are worse off at the catcher position than we are now. Ellis and May, IMO, are not upgrades. Secondly, we would be starting to tear apart our base and probably
    start a revolving door at the catcher spot as we have done at 3B and 2B. Hopefully in the next couple of years our pitching staff gets younger and it will need stability at the catching position.

Who are we going to get from the Sox? Tim Wakefield?? I know that won’t happen but it may well be some old guy like Mike Lowell, or an untried player. If we trade any of our core players it indeed means to me at least we have thrown in the towel and are dumping salary, not improving the team.

GO DODGERS!!

7. Harold says:

You were missing Mark? Just kidding. Enjoy the moment Mark with many more to come.

8. Mark Timmons says:

Cot’s Contracts has Dodger Payroll at $102,000,000.

9. Mark Timmons says:

… but I am sure most of you WANT to believe the lower number. Pick your reality!

Well what I DO believe is that much of Manny’s $20 million is deferred for the next two years beyond this one. That isn’t reflected in Cot’s but, whatever……

what I thought was interesting was to see how evey player’s numbers are broken down, and especially how much we are still paying players that haven’t been in a Dodger uniform for some time.

I watched the entire game, thought I was going to doze off several times………. what an offensive soporific bore-down.

Loney. Thank you James.

Andre Ethier is one of my guys. But he has fallen off the mountain he was on prior to his pinky injury.

When he went on the DL, he was 49 for 125 or .392, leading in the triple crown race.

Since his return, he is 44 or 183 or .240. That is Russ Martin territory. When he went down, he had 11 HRs leading the league, since return, 5.

Loney is the man. Sherrill is the guy.

13. angel says:

Enjoy and cherish every moment with your family and glad everything went well. Take Care!

Great to hear you are doing GREAT things while you are away Mark! But the fam couldn’t find some Dodger hats at least? Just Kidding. Enjoy!