It took the Dodgers exactly 59 games to take first place in what is, so far, the second toughest division in baseball. The National League West has 4 teams with 30 or more wins and better than a .500 records. The teams of the NL West have more wins than any other division in baseball, except the AL East. Whoever said the NL West was weak, is obviously not informed! If you think this team is built on smoke and mirrors, you haven’t been paying attention. Manny isn’t Manny anymore, but he’s still a piece of the puzzle, and you are seeing the maturation of the rest of the team. The Dodgers now have the best record in the NL in the best division of the NL.
Hiroki Kuroda matched Chris Carpenter pitch-for-pitch. In fact, in some ways he out-pitched Carpenter and then the pen did their job, while Raffy, Andre and Manny did theirs when it counted. Today, the Dodgers look to sweep the Cards as Clayton Kershaw goes against Adam Wainwright.
Rants & Raves:
- One of the Dodgers draft picks was the son of former Dodger James Baldwin who is a 6-3 switch-hitting CF. The 18 year-old is one of the fastest players in the country. I’m sure we’ll be going to Jared for more info about the draft.
- Stephen Starasburg – What a debut!
- Logan White denies that the Dodgers are sandbagging this year first rounder. Time might tell… or not!
- Complete list of Dodger Draft Picks compliments of MLB.com
- Jon Brox was awesome last night – that’s what we expect EVERY TIME!
- It will be interesting to see how Kyle Russell does in AA