I have been saying for some time now that the Dodgers need to GO BIG OR STAY HOME. Sign Oswalt or Lee, forget journeymen like Wolf. The Dodgers wanted no part of Hudson or Wolf because of what they might have made in arbitration. It’s true that the Dodgers have payroll constraints, but it’s not nearly what you may think. The Dodgers ARE players for Lee and Oswalt – it won’t happen until July I don’t think, but if they had gotten stuck with Wolf or Hudson, they could not do that. Randy Wolf beat John Lackey in EVERY statistical category last year, and Lackey makes $18 million. If I were Wolf’s agent, I would certainly be able to argue that he’s worth as much as Lackey, while asking less. Kim Ng would have a hard time beating that argument.
- Charlie Haegar officially has “turf toe.” Is that anything like “missile toe”?
- James Loney had a bonehead play last night in getting picked off 2B. He just kept on walking towards the clubhouse when it happened. James said it was stupid. It was stupid. Now move on…
- Chad Billingsley had his best outing of the year last night going 8 strong innings after giving up 3 early home runs. Let’s dispel the myth that’s he’s not mentally strong. After the 3 bombs, he settled in to retire 19 out of the last 21 hitters and struck out 11 while walking none. He kept focus and didn’t let the bad start beat him. Excellent start!
- The D-Backs gift wrapped that win and I’ll take it!
- Casey Blake does lots of things that don’t show up in the box score, such as creating a balk.
- If the Tigers can’t trade Dontrelle Willis, I would be willing to give up a PTBNL (Lambo) for him, providing the Tigers pay 90% of his salary.
- I cannot for the life of me, understand why Garrett Anderson is on the roster. He must have photos of Colletti and Torre in some compromising position…