On April 26, 2009 Clayton Kershaw was pounded by the Colorado Rockies. He lasted 4.2 innings while giving up 9 earned runs, on 2 HR, and his ERA sat at 7.29 after that game. I his next start he pitch 7 shutout innings against the Padres and won 1-0.
When Clayton Kershaw gets beat, he gets mad and gets even.
The pounding that he took yesterday is simply going to Unleash the Kracken!
After the game, Clayton said:
“There aren’t a whole lot of positives coming from tonight. A lot of people told me growing up that the way people look at your character is how you handle adversity. I’ll just try to bounce back and have a good one on Sunday.”
Watch out, he’ll be back with a vengeance. Sometimes it’s good to feel a good beating, so that you don’t want to experience it anymore. When some people get beat, they get beat down mentally. That’s not Clayton Kershaw. His ERA is now 4.99. He’ll be better for this. Watch and see! Unleash the Kracken!
Out of 49 players who have played 2B this year, Blake DeWitt ranks 13th with a .294 batting average and is 4th in OB% with .400. He has 8 RBI and 5 doubles while hitting mostly in the #8 hole. In twice the at-bats, Orlando Hudson has 11 RBI to go with 5 doubles (he also has 2 HR) and is hitting .297 with an OB% of .376. Yes, O-Dog has a better glove, but at this juncture, I can’t say he’s worth $8 million more than DeWitt. Shoot, he’s not worth a million more than DeWitt. Would we have better record with Hudson? Unleash the Kracken!
Rants & Raves
- Why do the Dodgers think Stan Conte is so great? I don’t get it! Nice guy, but is he a good trainer? Not in my book!
- Manny will probably be activate VERY soon.
- Weaver will probably see another outing.
- Nick Green (Yawn) is OK on defense. No good or great, not bad or horrible. Hu else could the Dodgers have called up?
- It was good to see Charlie Haeger pitch well after his first inning troubles. This could keep him on the roster.
- How can you keep and aging, surly, .116 hitting, slow-footed outfielder on the roster? Not that X.Paul is all that, but I like what he brings more than Anderson. It’s time to cut bait.
- That bum, Andy LaRoche, who (according to some) never could hit, is hitting .333 with a .403 OB%… and he’s a slow starter. He hit his 3rd HR last night in 68 AB’s, and made some excellent defensive plays.
- WOW! James Loney’s HR to CF got out with a quickness. Is he finding his power? That was his 2nd HR at Dodger Stadium this year – He only hit 1 last year. Unleash the Kracken!
- If C-Bill pitches 3 good games back-to-back-to-back, I’ll consider him back. Unleash the Kracken!