- Team ERA is now 4.53 as the Dodgers leapfrogged the Nats to take the 11th spot. They need to get to the TOP 3 to win it all.
- Andre Ethier broke his right pinkie – regardless of whether he can play or not, they should DL him. He’s only have to miss 14 more days. Paul got hit last night and it is not known if he can return.
- Clayton Kershaw didn’t have his good stuff, but Tony Jackson says that even when Clayton Kershaw doesn’t have his best stuff, he’s still better than most. After the game Clayton said: ”To be honest, my command really wasn’t that great,” Kershaw said. “I guess I was what you call effectively wild. I didn’t really hit my spots a whole lot, and I just kind of battled through. Really, I only had my fastball.” You are watching history – Clayton is morphing into the Dodgers ACE . To those of you who say the Dodgers needed an ace, I say “Grow Your Own.” Clayton is becoming THAT guy, pitching deeper into games and getting by without his best stuff. By Fall, he’ll be the stater in game 1 of the playoffs.
- Charlie Haegar pitched 5 innings at IE last night. He’ll probably get one more rehab start and then return (Ortiz?).
- Jamey Carroll Bashers: Wear paper bags on your heads! The guy is hitting .300 and playing an effective SS during the Dodgers 6 game winning streak.
- We are no longer the Padres whipping boys.
- Congrats to Larry Bowa and his daughter who graduated from law school – Now go sue somebody!
- Let’s roll, Chad!
UPDATE: See New Bios in the ABOUT US Section