- Was it Larry Bowa who suggested that Matt Kemp be traded? Was it because he sometimes runs through Bowa’s stop signs, like yesterday? Casey Blake ran through Bowa’sStop Sign yesterday as well. Take aways those two runs which Bowa tried to strand at 3B and the Dodgers may have lost. The question is: Is Bowa losing it at 3B?
- Matt Kemp looked like superman with his game-saving diving catch in CF. The X-Man made a leaping catch in RF to also save the day.
- Here’s ALL you need to know to decide whether to keep Anderson or Paul – Which player makes the Dodgers a better team? That’s all that needs to be considered. Paul is better defensively, has a better arm, has speed that can serve the Dodgers well as a pinch runner, and has shown he can hit major league pitching. Paul has nothing more to learn at AAA and the Dodgers need their best players on the big league roster. The Dodgers need 5 outfielders because of Manny being a liability in LF and requiring more rest and defensive replacements. The Dodgers will do a disservice to their fans, players and Paul by demoting him. That’s the long and short of it.
- Dontrelle Willis wants to play for a West Coast team – he worth a “look see.” He’s only 28 – maybe some one can resurrect his career. He’ll only cost the minimum…
- Roy Halladay – Perfect! What can you say? He’s the best in baseball!
- Here’s what the following Dodger players will do if they keep up their current pace:
|Raffy is on track for 44 SB/27 Doubles and 11 Triples|
Additionally, Ely is on pace to be 10-6, Billingsley 19-6 and Kershaw and Kuroda are projected at 16-10. Of course, it doesn’t mean that will happen, but you never know…
- Scott Elbert was optioned and Travis Schlichting was recalled from AAA – pay no attention to his stats. The PCL skews everything.
- Since Charlie Haegar has an injured toe, Carlos Monasterios is getting another start. This is good!
- If you think the reason the Dodgers didn’t offer arbitration to Hudson and Wolf was so they wouldn’t have to pay draft picks, you are clinically insane.