Many of you had the Dodgers dead and buried a couple of weeks ago (no, I am not going to just let it go – you need to learn a lesson) and now they are red-hot-on-fire-the-hottest-
team-in-baseball! Like it or not, here is what you are seeing:
- You are seeing the maturation of some young pitchers like Kershaw, Billingsley, Ely, Kuo, Belisario and Broxton;
- You are seeing the maturation of some young hitters like Loney, Kemp, Martin, DeWitt and Walkoff Ethier;
- You are seeing Ned’s signing of Jamey Carroll pay off in spades (Garrett Anderson still sucks);
- You are seeing a team win seven in as row, 9 out of the last 10 games and 12 out of the last 15 games;
- You are seeing this team grow their own ace and number two in Kershaw and C-Bill;
- You are seeing a TEAM unite for a common goal; and
- You just might see history in the making if the Dodgers make the playoffs for the third straight year.
I am accused of seeing the baseball world through “BLUE” glasses and while I bleed Dodger Blue, I also have my eyes wide-open. This Dodger team has warts. It lacks a true ace (as yet) and it is young. Some of our subs are old and some call them “geezers” but did you see the ages of the “Geezers” who won the last World Series? Look it up!
However, I knew that this team would be “hungry” and want to win. You have a few players who have experience and are of an age that they need to win NOW. Players like Blake, Manny, Raffy, Belliard, Johnson and others. Then you have the young bucks, like Kemp, Loney, Martin, Ethier, DeWitt, Broxton, Kershaw, Billingsley, Ely, Kuo, Belisario, Ellis and others who are trying to make a name (and fortune) for themselves.
Like it our not, Ned has put together a pretty effective team and I would not be surprised if Vicente Padilla wins 12 games! Write that down. He is motivated! Charlie Haegar may still surprise us.
Lindblom, McDonald, Paul, Hoffman, May, Hu and others are at-the-ready.
You can continue to moan and bitch about the McCourt fisaco, or you can focus on the team and this team is REALLY GOOD… just like I told you two months ago!
You can believe what the fish hacks say (“Joe is tired of the McCourt penny-pinching and wants out”, “the Dodgers won’t spend any money”) or you can face reality. Yes, you will get a lot of info from the “fish hacks” but their conclusions are often erroneous. Think what you want about Joe Torre, but do you really think he’s going to tell his friends and fish hacks anything confidential?
Use your brains, people! Critics are everywhere, and critics are just people who criticize people about things they can’t do themselves! They are “small” individuals.
The Dodgers haven’t swept the Padres in San Diego, since George Washington was in the White House!